Can you recommend an electric shower?

Hi,

We have just had a new boiler installed (combi) and now as a result our old power shower has to be replaced.

As we live off the beaten track and are on bottled gas and have been known to run out of gas in bad weather/snow (worst case was no hot water all over christmas 3 yrs ago) We have decided to go with an electric 9.5kw shower so if we are gasless (is that a word?) we can still have hot water in the bathroom.

So,

Can you recommend your electric shower, or are there any you would advise us to steer clear of?

I did a search but most posts seem to be advice on how to fix them.

Thanks.

Hi,

We have just had a new boiler installed (combi) and now as a result our old power shower has to be replaced.

As we live off the beaten track and are on bottled gas and have been known to run out of gas in bad weather/snow (worst case was no hot water all over christmas 3 yrs ago) We have decided to go with an electric 9.5kw shower so if we are gasless (is that a word?) we can still have hot water in the bathroom.

So,

Can you recommend your electric shower, or are there any you would advise us to steer clear of?

I did a search but most posts seem to be advice on how to fix them.

Thanks.

I wouldn't spend a lot if its for back-up only. If the temp drops significantly even 9.5 will struggle. Have you thought about 10.5 kw?

Rather than what is good I can only recommend what isn't (on experience) Gainsborough.

Ours is a Wickes own brand the most powerful one they did about 6 years ago i think it was about £90 its never missed a beat.

We got a Wickes own brand one about the same time. Been pretty good. 9.5kw, not the most powerful but does the job. Think they are made by Triton.

Archived