Should those who object to the helping of others be punished

There wasnt any "green belt outside of London till the 1947 planning act...... nothing like being wrong yet again is there?

And UK suburban growth boomed in the 50's and 60's alongside high density housing, more of both is desperately needed now along with Polish migrants to build them.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 19:12 ----------

Ah another good piece of legislation from the real Labour Government of 1945-1951

It was a terrible piece of legislation which was only brought in to stop more of the working class living in the suburbs.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 19:13 ----------

Isn't 2.7% enough? Jesus.

Not nearly enough, eco-nuts should be ashamed of themselves.

On what basis do you claim that 2.7% of the UK's landmass isn't a large enough proportion of built environment?

What should the figure be?

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 19:29 ----------

I own several properties, but because I have a social conscience I allow people to rent them from me.

Why does that qualify you as having a 'social conscience' ?

On what basis do you claim that 2.7% of the UK's landmass isn't a large enough proportion of built environment?

If all the people who owned property chose not to let them out, homelessness would rocket, hence we are helping to reduce homelessness and thus have a social conscience.

If all the people who owned property chose to let them out, homelessness would go up because most property owners only have the one property, which they live in.

The fact that you derive an income from providing rental properties does not mean you have a social conscience. Nor does it mean you lack one.

If all the people who owned property chose to let them out, homelessness would go up because most property owners only have the one property, which they live in.

The fact that you derive an income from providing rental properties does not mean you have a social conscience. Nor does it mean you lack one.

The fact that I let my properties out proves beyond any reasonable doubt that I am helping prevent homelessness. This is the manner in which my philanthropic tendencies surface.

And UK suburban growth boomed in the 50's and 60's alongside high density housing, more of both is desperately needed now along with Polish migrants to build them.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 19:12 ----------

It was a terrible piece of legislation which was only brought in to stop more of the working class living in the suburbs.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 19:13 ----------

You've just contradicted yourself in the same post, which suggests to me that you either don't know what you are talking about, or are trolling.

You've just contradicted yourself in the same post, which suggests to me that you either don't know what you are talking about, or are trolling.

Neither love, it’s the fact that you can’t accept and understand what this country needs or you prefer not to.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 22:02 ----------

Isn’t it obvuious? Where would you rather live in a tent pitched up in some field or a nice new safe secure home with the basics such as electricity, warmth, running water and your personal space?

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 22:04 ----------

Whatever the housing figure should be.

I'd be interested in knowing where Green Web got their 2.7% figure from.

This report (table on page 60) says that 6.8% of the UK is urban environment.

Green Web's use of the term 'built on' is interesting. This Beeb article explains that it does not include things like domestic gardens, allotments, public parks, rivers, etc.

Unless Green Web is suggesting that we should all live in complete concrete jungles, I'd suggest that the 6.8% figure is a more representative one.

Archived