Should those who object to the helping of others be punished

Little confused as how someone can steal land that nobody had claimed at that point.
The communal plot has been usurped. One man is wealthy, all others are poorer, violence has occurred!

Also how would you feel if while you were on holiday someone broke into your house and illegally started living there.

Suppose they lived there and repaired what they broke and provided what they used. I would be none the wiser.

Why should I be able to own land? Surely I should just pay a tax to occupy what common I use instead?

I'd be interested in knowing where Green Web got their 2.7% figure from.

This report (table on page 60) says that 6.8% of the UK is urban environment.

Green Web's use of the term 'built on' is interesting. This Beeb article explains that it does not include things like domestic gardens, allotments, public parks, rivers, etc.

Unless Green Web is suggesting that we should all live in complete concrete jungles, I'd suggest that the 6.8% figure is a more representative one.

I believe the 2.7% is actual buildings (functional/idle and brownfield) and paved area. The 6.8% figure includes private/social gardens. Many gardens of council houses are actually large enough to build an extra house or too, and some private gardens are large enough to build entire housing estates.

That is 100% correct thankyou, just to add do we all really need more pointless green space to just sit idle and unused?

That's a pretty special comparison, cannibalism and owning land. Wow.

Landless peasants + times of famine = Cannibalism. It is in the history books, you deny people the ability to grow their own food and raise livestock and then your going to have a social breakdown.

What you expect landless farmers to do in a famine? Just lay down and die?

Archived