Help with tinnitus

About five in the morning ... no sleep ... too noisy.

I'm so tired but can't sleep due to the noise. Lots of people have mild tinnitus at some point ... maybe going to a loud concert, or noise at work ... lasts about a day. I've had it for five years ... constant 24/7 loud babble ... the last fortnight, it's increased to 9/10 though. I've spent thousands trying to fix it. Doctors and audiologists are useless (not their fault).

I'm very well read on the subject. I'm also aware that Sheffield has a pretty big university ... I'm also aware that this forum is well read. If anyone on here is reading this and is studying tinnitus, wants a 'guinea pig' that won't sue (even if you make me profoundly deaf) ... PM (I would love to hear nothing)

This is NOT one of my silly joke threads.

Have you tried a pillow speaker tuned to radio static? They are usually quite effective at masking the noise.

You have my sympathy, 9/10 level must be horrendous.

Yeah ... got the pillow thing! Got everything else as well. Not slept since Sunday (apart from dead zones) Ambient noise doesn't work. I need help making a noise generator which cancels out sound. I can't google anything about this (which is my best hope) I'm trying all things known to mankind ... I'd be interested in mind altering drugs now as an experiment, but realize it's the stupid way to go. Tinnitus is nothing to do with your ears ... I've thought about being made profoundly deaf ... it won't work. Nothing will.

Apart from the easy way out (suicide), I've decided that I really need to battle this thing out ... I fervently believe the technology exists to do something about this, and would be more than happy to assist anyone researching this. I could write a lot more here, but feel that I'd just be made fun of (which is natural)

About five in the morning ... no sleep ... too noisy.

I'm so tired but can't sleep due to the noise. Lots of people have mild tinnitus at some point ... maybe going to a loud concert, or noise at work ... lasts about a day. I've had it for five years ... constant 24/7 loud babble ... the last fortnight, it's increased to 9/10 though. I've spent thousands trying to fix it. Doctors and audiologists are useless (not their fault).

I'm very well read on the subject. I'm also aware that Sheffield has a pretty big university ... I'm also aware that this forum is well read. If anyone on here is reading this and is studying tinnitus, wants a 'guinea pig' that won't sue (even if you make me profoundly deaf) ... PM (I would love to hear nothing)

This is NOT one of my silly joke threads.

How did you cop for that?

but feel that I'd just be made fun of (which is natural)

No, that wouldn't be natural, it would be moronic.

Good luck with your quest, i hope you find a solution.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 22:28 ----------

Alco, i just remembered reading this a while back, it may be of no use whatsoever so apologies if so, but i had to post it as it least gave the guy some form of respite.

Had it for years but only get it now and again

Due to working with compressors and other machines specaily in firms with big hammer.

On a bad night ill put small head phones in and listen to radio and goto sleep with those.

I have got some tablets that do help a lot but cant think what there called off hand begin with a C . Mainly for things like virtigo etc.

If it's any help AB I have the same deal. My left ear is pretty much whacked from driving a crazy car for nearly a year - plus my guitar playing days, in various metal bands, wrecked the other ear. The 'eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh' use to drive me to distraction.

I now see it as nothing more. In some ways I kinda like it cos it blocks divs talking to me.

Poor you. That sounds awful. Have you tried sleeping tablets?

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 00:21 ----------

There are also medications that make you sleep as a side effect that are non-addictive, such as the ones prescribed for hayfever- anti-histamines. If you sleep you will feel a lot better.

Archived