Gay marriage to be made illegal in Churches (?)

The thing I don't understand is this.

I was allowed to get married in a Church, and I'm of faith but not a Christian.

Non Religious people are allowed to get married in a Church.

So why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married in a Church? I can understand (and agree to an extent) that some clergy may see it as being against their belief and therefore not wish to preside over a same sex marriage, fair enough - but why would they think that is wrong yet marrying someone who doesn't believe in God at all is perfectly reasonable?

This is the argument for me and it's one that seems totally hypocritical on behalf of the Church - it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

The thing I don't understand is this.

I was allowed to get married in a Church, and I'm of faith but not a Christian.

Non Religious people are allowed to get married in a Church.

So why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married in a Church? I can understand (and agree to an extent) that some clergy may see it as being against their belief and therefore not wish to preside over a same sex marriage, fair enough - but why would they think that is wrong yet marrying someone who doesn't believe in God at all is perfectly reasonable?

This is the argument for me and it's one that seems totally hypocritical on behalf of the Church - it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Agreed - How on earth can it be easier to get married if you do not believe in god but are heterosexual than it is if you have great faith but are homosexual? Makes no sense.

exactly correctmundo, religions DOBNT make sense at all

erm neither does my typing....drinks faster to correct himself

Obviously not going to agree with this :hihi:

Thanks for the vote of confidence nevertheless (btw I was genuinly scratching my head trying to figure out what DOBNT was an acronym for until I read the second bit of your post)!

Archived