Gay marriage to be made illegal in Churches (?)

Ha ha 'aggressive homosexuals' - are those the ones that go about in gangs 'straight bashing', or perhaps Howarth thinks that its gays that riot on football terraces or commit violence on West Street on a Saturday night.

Should also be noted that Howarth was a member of the notorious hard right wing freakoutfit the 'Monday club' and a proud friend of the arms industry.

No wonder senior Tories mutter about 'swivel eyed loons' if Howarth is representative of the Tory rank and file. He's a helmet

It was certainly gratifying to see the vote was so one-sided.

Lot of fuss about nothing. Those churches which wish to marry gays will do so.

Those which do not, won't.

Nobody will be asked (or obliged) to do anything they don't want to do.

Why on earth would anybody give a damn?

I genuinely do not know.

I think that if there is something which I can do which will make me (or my partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then I should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which you can do which will make you (or your partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then you should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which he can do which will make him (or his partner - or another person ) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then he should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which she can do which will make her (or her partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then she should be allowed encouraged to do it.

Look at each of the above phrases. Sex or gender don't come into it.

They are simple statements which (individually and collectively) say: If one person can do something which will make another happy, then he or she should be allowed to do it.

As a human being - and I am a human being with deep Christian beliefs - I would go even further:

If one person can do something which will make another happy, then he or she should be allowed encouraged to do it.

This isn't about homosexuality - that's a 'red herring'.

It's about human beings (you know who they are - they're us, all of us) being happy together.

Anything we, as a society, can do to make our society - collectively or individually (or in pairs) more happy without causing harm to others can only benefit that society.

I think that if there is something which I can do which will make me (or my partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then I should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which you can do which will make you (or your partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then you should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which he can do which will make him (or his partner - or another person ) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then he should be allowed encouraged to do it.

I think that if there is something which she can do which will make her (or her partner - or another person) happy and if that thing causes no harm to anybody else - then she should be allowed encouraged to do it.

Look at each of the above phrases. Sex or gender don't come into it.

They are simple statements which (individually and collectively) say: If one person can do something which will make another happy, then he or she should be allowed to do it.

As a human being - and I am a human being with deep Christian beliefs - I would go even further:

If one person can do something which will make another happy, then he or she should be allowed encouraged to do it.

This isn't about homosexuality - that's a 'red herring'.

It's about human beings (you know who they are - they're us, all of us) being happy together.

Anything we, as a society, can do to make our society - collectively or individually (or in pairs) more happy without causing harm to others can only benefit that society.

Beautifully put.

It's called 'being selfish' Mike.

We all have to live in the world.

The quality of my life - just like the quality of yours, or that of others, depends on the quality of the lives of our friends and neighbours.

If I can do something - and particularly if I can do something which doesn't cost me a lot of time, effort or money) which makes my neighbours' lives better, then it will improve mine.

As I said, I'm selfish. I want a comfortable life with minimum effort. Making life easier/more pleasant for your friends and neighbours (or even just the people you meet on the street) makes life easier for you, too.

The 'interest rate' on a small investment of 'help' or simple friendliness is astronomical.

It's called 'being selfish' Mike.

We all have to live in the world.

The quality of my life - just like the quality of yours, or that of others, depends on the quality of the lives of our friends and neighbours.

If I can do something - and particularly if I can do something which doesn't cost me a lot of time, effort or money) which makes my neighbours' lives better, then it will improve mine.

As I said, I'm selfish. I want a comfortable life with minimum effort. Making life easier/more pleasant for your friends and neighbours (or even just the people you meet on the street) makes life easier for you, too.

The 'interest rate' on a small investment of 'help' or simple friendliness is astronomical.

Even though I'd have phrased it differently I can certainly see the logic in that and I have definately experienced that 'interest rate' (from both sides) myself.

Lot of fuss about nothing. Those churches which wish to marry gays will do so.

Those which do not, won't.

Nobody will be asked (or obliged) to do anything they don't want to do.

Why on earth would anybody give a damn?

Oh, have they done away with the safeguards idea now and are planning to let Churches marry same sex couples ?

Archived