Gay marriage to be made illegal in Churches (?)

So just to be clear, he was, in your opinion, another idiot. Who else are you labelling an idiot? Having quoted my post in relation to your Question Time idiot, it would seem apparent you were referring to me as an idiot.

You just saved me a post

The same could be said of another fictional book

Yes there are plenty of people who believe Jesus is a fictional character,even those who marry in a Christian church,and don't seem to mind listening to what they would consider to be "meaningless" scriptural readings and prayers as part of the traditional wedding service they so desire.

So just to be clear, he was, in your opinion, another idiot. Who else are you labelling an idiot? Having quoted my post in relation to your Question Time idiot, it would seem apparent you were referring to me as an idiot.

Anyone that attempts to stifle debate by calling those people that oppose gay marriage, homophobic.

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 16:19 ----------

Yes there are plenty of people who believe Jesus is a fictional character,even those who marry in a Christian church,and don't seem to mind listening to what they would consider to be "meaningless" scriptural readings and prayers as part of the traditional wedding service they so desire.

I have to admit that I'm guilty of that, I used the church and was married for free simply because my parents worked for the church.

Jesus and Mary Magdalene where an item Iv'e read it in The Devinci Code.

Err, you do know that's a work of fiction don't you?

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 16:29 ----------

Anyone that attempts to stifle debate by calling those people that oppose gay marriage, homophobic.

Many of them actually are. What do you suggest we call them?

You seem to be oddly evasive but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you can't have meant me then because I had no intention of stifling debate. Nor did I say that all people who oppose gay marriage are homophobic.

Are you denying that some people who oppose gay marriage are homophobic?

Err, you do know that's a work of fiction don't you?

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 16:29 ----------

Many of them actually are. What do you suggest we call them?

its phobicphobic to call homophobic people homophobic.

we now have to refer to them as 'those who aren't blessed with tolerance and understanding'

[quote=maxmaximus;9412539

I have to admit that I'm guilty of that, I used the church and was married for free simply because my parents worked for the church.

I wasn't judging,I was just making a point.You are not the first and you won't be the last.

Some would call it hypocrisy,but you get that within the church on many issues as we so often hear,and if we are talking about hypocrisy i've not always been entirely innocent of that myself to be honest.

You seem to be oddly evasive but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you can't have meant me then because I had no intention of stifling debate. Nor did I say that all people who oppose gay marriage are homophobic.

Are you denying that some people who oppose gay marriage are homophobic?

You appeared to be under the impression that when homophobes are happy with gay marriage the issue can be dropped, which it clearly couldn't be, because there are plenty of people that are opposed to it that aren’t homophobic.

Let homophobes be happy with gay marriage and let the issue drop.

Archived