Gay marriage to be made illegal in Churches (?)

there are plenty of people that are opposed to it that aren’t homophobic.

That's arguable, but surely the important question is, how come the opponents don't have a single convincing argument between them?

Do you have any good reasons why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry

You appeared to be under the impression that when homophobes are happy with gay marriage the issue can be dropped, which it clearly couldn't be, because there are plenty of people that are opposed to it that aren’t homophobic.

No, as I have explained before in post 66 I made this statement

Let homophobes be happy with gay marriage and let the issue drop.

not as an example of what I think but to highlight how unlikely this scenario is

Let them be happy with registery offices and let the issue drop

So, do you accept that some people who oppose gay marriage are homophobes?

That's arguable, but surely the important question is, how come the opponents don't have a single convincing argument between them?

Do you have any good reasons why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry

There is no requirement for them to convince you or me, I don’t believe in God so I couldn’t possible believe that being gay is a sin, but we do allow for religious freedom and with that freedom they can believe that being gay is a sin.

There is no requirement for them to convince you or me, I don’t believe in God so I couldn’t possible believe that being gay is a sin, but we do allow for religious freedom and with that freedom they can believe that being gay is a sin.

I can only speak for myself. For me the lack of any convincing reason suggests strongly it's simply homophobia.

Increasingly evasive Max. How about some straight answers to straight questions?

Do you accept that some people who oppose gay marriage are very probably homophobic?

Do you oppose gay marriage?

No, as I have explained before in post 66 I made this statement

not as an example of what I think but to highlight how unlikely this scenario is

So, do you accept that some people who oppose gay marriage are homophobes?

I don't know any homophobes so I would know if any oppose gay marriage.

If anyone can point me in the direction of one convincing argument against gay marriage and/or one non-homophobic argument against it I'd really *love* to see it. I don't believe either exists.

The most charitable spin I can put on it is that those who are oppose gay marriage and are not homophobic (if they exist) simply haven't thought it through at all.

Archived