Where can I buy Spear and Jackson secateurs?

katkin100

Maybe the OP has some civic pride and is trying to buy a locally made product?

In which case the "geared" anvil rubbish in the OP will fit the bill, they will keep coming back for replacements time after time.

All for supporting local business, just pointing out to the OP a better product in this instance.

I've had my Felcos 7 years, they had daily use for over 5 in my role as a maintenance gardener and bar the odd sharpening, strip down and re-grease you wouldn't know them from new. If you only want to buy once these are what you go for, it's that simple a choice really.

I've had my Felcos 7 years, they had daily use for over 5 in my role as a maintenance gardener and bar the odd sharpening, strip down and re-grease you wouldn't know them from new. If you only want to buy once these are what you go for, it's that simple a choice really.

Same view here, lovely simple effective bit of kit and with a modicum of care will last anyone a lifetime.

Another great thing about Felcos is they don't come as a "one size fits all" item, there's various sizes to choose from so you can always find a comfortable pair, something which is important if they are to have a lot of use. Generic secateurs are pretty crap really, i went through a fair few pairs before i saved myself endless trips to the garden centre for yet another new pair. Felco also have great customer service and in stock parts for all their secateurs, not that i've ever needed a new part and mine have had a pretty hard life.

Put it this way, i give kit a dogs life before recommending it and Andy advocating them too should speak volumes for anyone wanting a pair of "seccies" that just work. Your average gardener would probably have to live till they're 500 to give the abuse professionals give them which is all you should need to know really.

I did find that page too, the first one I looked up was Thomas Flinn & Co as it just round the corner from me but it turns out they sell saws, so although they probably sell Spear and Jackson stuff it probably doesn't include secateurs. The second place I looked at was the place in Meersbrook Park but that seems a bit odd as I don't think there any businesses in there and as far as I could tell it seemed to refer to the council parks department. I have to admit I then didn't bother to look up the others listed on the page but in fact the place on Coal Aston and Valleyside Garden Centre are on there. But that was why I posted here really, to see if anyone had actually been to these places and could confirm what they sold.

The Felcos do sound good but they are a bit out my price range, I will pass on the recommendations to my mum though.

Archived