Panorama: Britain's Hidden Housing Crisis

theres plenty of empty land about,set up some mobile homes far cheaper than building some which the council dont

The kit for this with top of the range insulation is £22k

http://www.scotframe.co.uk/web/site/SelfBuild/HomesPortfolio/Bungalows/Acer.asp

This house could probably be built, fitted out and connected to services for around £60k including groundworks

All people need is the land to build them on.

If you thought that was bad, then just wait till they raise interest rates in a couple of years of years or so. If you take out a loan, you pay it back as quick as one can, but everyone wants the good life. How many are in negative debt? How many are on interest only debts? We are talking over a million homes under threat. So at the moment its only 30,000 repossessions a year, which is nothing compared to Thatcher’s which topped over 100,000 a year.

If you have borrowed to buy a house and owe a fortune, then take a close look at the streets, as they could soon be your home. If you think the government will continue to pay rests as high as now, think again, as what is happening is just the introduction.

I am amazed no one has realised what is really going on, its happening all over Europe, and the UK has more debt than any other nation. Why are we not experiencing things like Greece, because we borrow at 2% and not 6-7%. But just wait till the reduce our ratings, and money costs more to borrow. Think 2018 it will all be over? Think again, it hardly just begun, and remember.

They came for the family down the road and YOU did nothing.

They came for your neighbours and you again did nothing.

It will soon be your turn and no one in this individualistic culture of I'm all right Jack, sod you will bother about you either, if you continue to just pretend its not happening.

If you thought that was bad, then just wait till they raise interest rates in a couple of years of years or so. If you take out a loan, you pay it back as quick as one can, but everyone wants the good life. How many are in negative debt? How many are on interest only debts? We are talking over a million homes under threat. So at the moment its only 30,000 repossessions a year, which is nothing compared to Thatcher’s which topped over 100,000 a year.

If you have borrowed to buy a house and owe a fortune, then take a close look at the streets, as they could soon be your home. If you think the government will continue to pay rests as high as now, think again, as what is happening is just the introduction.

I am amazed no one has realised what is really going on, its happening all over Europe, and the UK has more debt than any other nation. Why are we not experiencing things like Greece, because we borrow at 2% and not 6-7%. But just wait till the reduce our ratings, and money costs more to borrow. Think 2018 it will all be over? Think again, it hardly just begun, and remember.

It will soon be your turn and no one in this individualistic culture of I'm all right Jack, sod you will bother about you either, if you continue to just pretend its not happening.

Aye, if people were concerned about the housing situation and how it has manifested itself (it started with the deterioration of housing standards for the youth and non asylum seeker immigrants), then maybe we could have avoided most of what is to come. We can still do something, and we need to, for the sake of our society. I dare say that we should provide housing for the youth and immigrants before we do for those whom have had it good. They played no part in it, they were the first to suffer, it weren't their fault.

As soon as wages start rising, interest rates will too. The current crisis seems to be playing out like the 30s IMO, so we could have roughly 39 more months of 0.5 interest rates before they rise.

Would you help if the family down the road got into trouble because they bought a new Range Rover instead of putting some aside and buying item within their budget?

How is it MY fault they moved into a 4-bed detached on 100% mortgage?

You sound a bit like Nye Muller with your florid words,but there is some truth in the sentiments expressed.Have you read many of Bertols works?

Would you help if the family down the road got into trouble because they bought a new Range Rover instead of putting some aside and buying item within their budget?

How is it MY fault they moved into a 4-bed detached on 100% mortgage?

It's an odd situation. Just watched Panorama

£500,000, 100% mortgage and the people saying they worked hard for it. If they'd worked hard for it then they wouldn't have had a 100% mortgage to begin with. Basically what they did was reckless in the extreme and idiocy when they had kids to think about.

Archived