2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

One minute the council is pleading poverty and closes the public toilets to demonstate how little money is available and deliberately cause hardship to drive the message home, than they go and blow a million on this.

Good point- if austerity demands closed libraries and public toilets, then why is money available to fund this?

Mod Note:

Lets keep the bickering to a minimum please.

Thanks

Please would you define bickering?

It looks as though people are only dicussing the pros and cons of this event.

It would be good to clear up what actually defines bickering.

This is a genuine query and not meant to be in anyway facetious or sarcastic. I for one honestly want to know.

Thanks.

I do for the same reasons. All these events could have taken place around the track of the stadium the council could not wait to build and could not affors without borrowing and then demolished.

Comedy post of the year! Thanks for the laughs.

Please would you define bickering?

It looks as though people are only dicussing the pros and cons of this event.

It would be good to clear up what actually defines bickering.

This is a genuine query and not meant to be in anyway facetious or sarcastic. I for one honestly want to know.

Thanks.

The only negative think I can think of is that it'll jame the traffic for maybe a couple of hours or so. I'd expect to see the shops and pubs doing well on or near the route

just been told by cllr isobel bowler if i want to travel by car to see tour i can use meadowhall car park or park in town and use tram. if i use tram and go to don valley bowl along with 10.000 others ( capacity of don valley bowl ) plus all the other visitors that are using tram to get to finnish area, how long will it take when the race finnishes for people to get back to town on the trams i can imagine there being a long wait at the tram stops for the return journey.