2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

But the TdF coming here is still a really really good thing right.

And people will not be inconvenienced and /or be caused distress.

LOL

Don't have a fire, don't be taken ill or have an accident becuase we may not be allowed to help you.

This is just blatant scaremongering. Shame on you tommo. Blue light services will be unaffected.

So you are getting "offended" on behalf of other people then? Oh dear.

A glib comment like that rather than constructive comments, which you appear to be incapable of, are what I have now come to expect from you.

I'm not wrong though, you are merely getting offended on behalf of others.

Well said, the amount of mouth-frothing/keyboard-bashing passion that has come from Tommo came across as him personally being inconvenienced/held hostage in his own village/unable to park/expecting multiple deaths thro' lack of emegency services, but seeing as he's not even going to be here to be affected it does seem to be a little odd :loopy:

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 22:36 ----------

A glib comment like that rather than constructive comments, which you appear to be incapable of, are what I have now come to expect from you.

I've not seen anything in your comments that have been constructive either, a lot of negative 'What-if's', and a hell of a lot of repetition.

But the TdF coming here is still a really really good thing right.

And people will not be inconvenienced and /or be caused distress.

LOL

Can't even park outside your own home and stuck in your village never mind every other negative. Don't have a fire, don't be taken ill or have an accident becuase we may not be allowed to help you.

None of these things matter to those whose self-interest come first I suppose.

Tommo I'm beginning to like you.

except its blatantly wrong and scaremongering. Blue light services are unaffected.

Have the emergency services knocked on your door today?

They are not saying they won't respond but that it would be easier if there wasn't a problem on that day.

No problem I've checked my fire alarm.

Have the emergency services knocked on your door today?

They are not saying they won't respond but that it would be easier if there wasn't a problem on that day.

No problem I've checked my fire alarm.

They have plans in place to ensure the services run unaffected, which means crossing the route if need be at any of the designated crossing points and as a last resrot stopping the race. In many cases they wont have to cross the route at all.

Not that it doesnt stop tommo scaremongering. I'd prefer to trust in their professionalism than his.

Edited by 999tigger

Well said, the amount of mouth-frothing/keyboard-bashing passion that has come from Tommo came across as him personally being inconvenienced/held hostage in his own village/unable to park/expecting multiple deaths thro' lack of emegency services, but seeing as he's not even going to be here to be affected it does seem to be a little odd :loopy:

It appears to be very difficult to get across to some people that there will be a lot of inconvenience caused by our hosting this event. Undoubtedly soem people wil be caused distress too.

Just because it is extremely unlikely that I will be personally affected does not stop me being concerned thay others will.

I will concede yoour point that these days that may well seem odd to some people especially the more selfcentered ones, to whom their pleasure, enjoyment etc is one of their first priorities, not caring or having sufficient empathy to realise that others may be affected adversely.

I admit I have repeated myself, as the message remains the same. I can imagine lots of different scenarios where some people will be wishing that this event was not taking place, as I'm sure anyone with any imagination can.

I've not seen anything in your comments that have been constructive either, a lot of negative 'What-if's', and a hell of a lot of repetition.

I find it very difficult to see anything constructive about this event that is sufficiently good to outweigh the concerns I have already outlined.

Doubtless whilst I continue to try get some people to stop and consider the possible and the real plights others may find themselves in I will repeat myself again.

At least the more intelligent people have stopped accusing me of moaning and even some of the less intelligent people have stopped responding to my posts in a non-constructive way.

All the concerns I have raised are real, I feel there is the potential for some very negative things to happen as a result of this event being held here and I honestly believe that either they have not occurred to the SCC or worse still they have occurred to the SCC and they have chosen to ignore them.

It appears that some people who initially responded to my original post quite negatively are at last begining to realise that my concerns are not illconsidered, or without merit and that I am not just trying to be a killjoy.