2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Where's Tommo, thouht he'd be frothing at the mouth about this potential inducing strike. But seeing as it has nothing to do with foreigners or cyclists he's probably ok with it.

Maybe he has discovered the joys of cycling and Is too busy shaving his legs and squeezing into his lycra to find the time to post on here.

Or maybe the thought of thousands of people having fun and enjoying the tour has tipped him over the edge. Insane clown.

Maybe he has discovered the joys of cycling and Is too busy shaving his legs and squeezing into his lycra to find the time to post on here.

Or maybe the thought of thousands of people having fun and enjoying the tour has tipped him over the edge. Insane clown.

The last I heard he was playing with his chopper.

I just hope that the Ambulance service think again about having a strike on this important day in Yorkshires History.

We are all with you lads just play it smart eh!

I was talking to a bus driver a few days back and he says there is a posibility of them striking too over the shift changes and other policies regarding the tour.

Bear in mind it's only one union and therefore just 10% of the workforce, the contingency will simply be overtime. This won't affect the event or cause a fatality but it's going to annoy non-union staff who weren't timetabled on and make the union look like the ginch.

The more I think about going to spectate of the TDF the more underwhelmed I become. The prospect of fighting through a maze of closed roads and parking restriction so that I can stand on a hillside for several hours in the rain hoping to see a few dozen cyclist going past at a canter isn't that appealing. Its all over in 30 seconds and then you face the drama of getting back out of the mayhem and trying to find a route home.#

The alternative is sitting in the dry with a bottle of Chardonnay and watching the footage from the motorbikes where you can watch a couple of hours of the event. Then I can switch channels and watch the British Grand Prix. (another bottle of Chardonnay)

I need to think about this some more. How many traffic wardens will be on duty slapping tickets on cars that are deemed to be parked in the wrong place?