2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Guest busdriver1
My Fiancée works at a fast food restaurant and she has a shift 0600 to 1445 but we live the opposite side of the TDF so from 1445 she won't be able to get home till 1700. She has called work to explain only to be told "it is your responsibility so you must work, fetch a book and wait at work or something"

Can they actually do this? can you be made to work and then wait at work to get home?

Yes because it is important that we as a city get our pictures on the television. The benefits that are quoted for the region will never be truly representative as they will never take into account all the personal expense people will have to go to in order to continue their daily lives while the region goes on a frenzy that will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.

But in true Yorkshire style its free so we will embrace it and celebrate it because its "summat for nowt".*

* at the point of delivery.

I ment till 1900 hahah sorry. She will be on foot as I won't be going out in the car and we live near the 40foot in Shirecliffe. I just don't see how someone can be made to work when the boss knows that they will be basically stuck 4hour15

Can she not swap a shift? She could always walk home, no? The race should have passed Herries Road by what, 4pm, so she should be able to cross it soon afterwards.

She can't shift swap as non going also she can't walk home as they will be shutting all the roads she needs to cross. We basically live on the opposite side of the TFD to what she works

After tour has passed she may be able to cross the route, so somebody could pick her up.