2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

But isn't the problem always that the testers are a few years behind the latest masking agents. So in a few years time they will expose the entire peleton from 2014, and the new peleton will be using something else that the testers are looking for a test to pick it up.

It was only a couple of years ago that they were able to prove the winner between 1999 and 2005 had been doping.

No that isn't the problem. Armstrong got away with it for years because there were cover-ups and so many people were doping that no one would testify against him as they were all in it together. The United States Anti-Doping Agency finally pinned him down based on samples from 2009-10 as well as witness statements. It wasn't primarily about masking agents.

No that isn't the problem. Armstrong got away with it for years because there were cover-ups and so many people were doping that no one would testify against him as they were all in it together. The United States Anti-Doping Agency finally pinned him down based on samples from 2009-10 as well as witness statements. It wasn't primarily about masking agents.

So how did he and the others pass all the doping tests?

There are plenty of good documentaries on this. Theres a 5 live podcast and a national geographic doc plus a film the Armstrong Lie. You need to actually watch them if you want to understand or carry on as you are.

I don't understand the huge fuss made over it all, it's just people riding past on bikes. We could watch that almost anytime. Each to their own but I can't help but feel that a lot of people must be absolutely desperate for entertainment.

I don't understand the huge fuss made over it all, it's just people riding past on bikes. We could watch that almost anytime. Each to their own but I can't help but feel that a lot of people must be absolutely desperate for entertainment.

could say the same about any sport

I never said he passed the tests. He sometimes got forged prescriptions backdated to cover up for banned substances showing up. These prescriptions would indicate he had taken legal medication which contain elements available in banned substances. He sued The Sunday Times for defamation and settled out of court over their allegations that he'd doped. He claimed urine samples had been spiked. He said he had taken steroids to get over chemotherapy to fight his cancer. He did what he could to dope and get away with it. He lied. He threatened. He covered up. And he was protected by others who did the same. He eventually ran out of luck.

Do you like sport?

Football is just some people kicking a ball, tennis is some people hitting a ball over a net, F1 is people driving a car around in circles, golf is walking around trying to find a small white ball in some bushes.

Why does anyone make a fuss over anything?