2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

With regards Tour De France only being shown on minor TV channels.

This is certainly not the case this year.

It will be shown live on ITV.

Saturday 10-30 am -5-00pm

Sunday 10-30am- 5-00pm

Monday 12noon- 4-30pm

As a matter of interest up to 60 lorries have arrived at Hull carrying the floats.

180 vehicles will be in the procession, which proceeds the race,will be

7.4 miles long. So lets stop moaning,and just go out and watch what should be a spectacle, or at least have a look on TV. You might just enjoy it.

Edited by bazjea

Well I for one couldn't care less about any cycle race as I will be out of Yorkshire. Ah I get to miss all the traffic delays and all those people that try and walk through you instead of around you

Make it permanent and do everyone a favour.

I'm looking forward to the TdF. This should be a time to be proud to live in Sheffield... we'll see if that happens.

Make it permanent and do everyone a favour.

Why would I want to do that?

In fact no need to reply because I couldn't care less what people think.

Yes this bike thingy might promote Sheffield, but for me I couldn't care less about it

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 23:31 ----------

Thanks for that, really interesting piece of information. I can sleep well tonight. Night night.

Well I can't be the only one that doesn't give a toss about it

Why would I want to do that?

In fact no need to reply because I couldn't care less what people think.

Yes this bike thingy might promote Sheffield, but for me I couldn't care less about it

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 23:31 ----------

Well I can't be the only one that doesn't give a toss about it

Well I can't be the only one that doesn't give a toss about you not been in Yorkshire

It's not Sheffield's reputation at stake - more that of the cycling lovers of Sheffield - those who are telling everyone how great an event it will be, and is worth all of the disruption to non-believers.

Just as with the Olympics and their Gamesmakers, it's upto those who really are caught up in the TDF frenzy to be the ones to make that difference - the council don't have money to waste for a one-off event like this - especially after they've already shown their views on promoting sport in Sheffield, with the DVS demolition... and particularly for an event with a dubious drug abuse history.

I'm sure a bit less bunting than Leeds has won't be a significant factor in Sheffield's future.

On the plus side, one of the staff at Asda Handsworth on Sunday had a 'Tour Maker' t-shirt on... maybe the PR is finally starting to be cranked up (I noticed the electronic ad board on the Parkway was advertising the tdf on the way home earlier...)

Travelled up through Yorkshire Dales on Sunday and everywhere, even the little villages had bunting, flowers, signs, events, all sorts of things, and looked brilliant.

The Tour isn't going through exactly the best bit of Sheffield, is that why no one seems to have made any effort? Would there be the same lack of interest up Dore, Totley or Millhouses if it was coming in that way?

Well I for one couldn't care less about any cycle race as I will be out of Yorkshire. Ah I get to miss all the traffic delays and all those people that try and walk through you instead of around you

Do us all a favour and take Tommo (we are all doomed ) 68 and Penistone (sad little man) 999 with you. Please dont come back.