2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Your concern is valid, after all the Tour de France is a brand new event and the organisers haven't ever done anything like this in cities, ever!

Not in or around sheffield they haven't.

Maybe that's why they cut most of sheffield off from the hospital.

But they haven't...

The hospital is still accessible by ANYONE albeit via a longer route (Fox Hill will be cut off from vehicular access, not NGH)

Emergency vehicles will have access at all times

"Organisers will be working closely with all the emergency services throughout the event to ensure that access is given to vehicles on blue lights as a priority throughout the road closures."

http://letour.yorkshire.com/the-grand-d%C3%A9part-2014/faq

Not in or around sheffield they haven't.

Blimey, it'll you be you needing an Ambulance soon with the amount of unnecessary stress you're putting on yourself, heart attack waiting to happen...

The irony being your Ambulance will probably whip thro' the city as it's given priority over closed roads..

I can imagine you sitting on your sofa on Sunday, rocking back n forth, muttering to yourself, willing some major incident to occur so all your frothing can be justified!

Blimey, it'll you be you needing an Ambulance soon with the amount of unnecessary stress you're putting on yourself, heart attack waiting to happen...

The irony being your Ambulance will probably whip thro' the city as it's given priority over closed roads..

I can imagine you sitting on your sofa on Sunday, rocking back n forth, muttering to yourself, willing some major incident to occur so all your frothing can be justified!

How true.

I believe that tommo68 is insane.

maybe a good long cycle ride will help clear his head.

its a great way to de stress.

he needs locking up

Why would I want to do that?

In fact no need to reply because I couldn't care less what people think.

Yes this bike thingy might promote Sheffield, but for me I couldn't care less about it

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 23:31 ----------

Well I can't be the only one that doesn't give a toss about it

But you clearly do give a toss because you're posting in here. If you didn't give a toss you wouldn't even open the thread.

I was cycling along Penistone Road at rush hour earlier this week, when all of a sudden I became very distressed. I thought to myself what if the emergency services had to fight their way through all this traffic. Just think of all those lost seconds, someone could easily die, it's only a matter of time. How selfish of all those vehicle users clogging up the roads.

I was cycling along Penistone Road at rush hour earlier this week, when all of a sudden I became very distressed. I thought to myself what if the emergency services had to fight their way through all this traffic. Just think of all those lost seconds, someone could easily die, it's only a matter of time. How selfish of all those vehicle users clogging up the roads.

I saw an ambulance stuck for several minutes the other day on Mansfield road. The roadworks had reduced the road to one lane, temporary lights were on red and a long queue of traffic was already coming the other way and unable to move over.

Let's hope nobody died because those selfish workers didn't plan for emergency vehicle access, unlike the TdF that has a full plan in place.

Tommo, I hope you realise how stupid your arguments are. If not then there's clearly something a bit wrong with you.

Should be a great day out.

Before the race comes through there is the 'caravan' which is a carnival procession type thing with sponsors throwing gifts out into the crowds, that takes two hours to pass.

There are also the various spectator hubs with entertainment, refreshments, toilet facilities etc located at High Bradfield, Oughtibridge, Meadowhall and Don Valley Bowl.

All can be accessed by public transport with extra trams and trains running plus special bus links.

---------- Post added 02-07-2014 at 22:30 ----------

By the way public transport info thread: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1315438

road closures can be found at http://www.roadworks.org