2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

I love this notion that this will promote Yorkshire, it starts with the Abbeys,Castles and Countryside of North Yorkshire and finishes with Grimesthorpe Wincobank, Tinsley and Attercliffe.

More like come to Yorkshire, but make sure it's North Yorkshire!

i think there is a big health and safe issue here before it starts,and a risk asses ment req. what about the thousands of pot holeswill they have to be done first

If you'd been keeping up with local news you'd know that every road in Sheffield is due to be resurfaced in the next few years. The scheme has already started in S5.

The company carrying out the road repairs have had to prepare their site quickly in order to meet the required start date in advance of planning applications so a big risk to them but should hopefully be fine off Europa Way.

Just hope the utility companies don't have to did them up.

I think its a shame that rather than coming through Langsett and Bradfield - which dont get me wrong are very pretty, they didn't take the route from Woodhead and back over the A57. Granted that would take the route into Derbyshire but that would be a hell of a run back into Sheffield ?

Its still going to be fantastic though, really excited.

I'm glad they have put Jawbone Hill in (Oughtibridge lane), but after that the route is perplexing, through some not so nice areas of Sheffield. I would have swung it back out to Rivelin then back in to Sheff from the south, finishing in the city centre.

Your ally on this thread, Penistone999, is the one who opposes obeying the law. He thinks car drivers should be allowed to do anything they want.

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 16:08 ----------

It seems to skirt the west side of Penistone. Whether that's in Barnsley borough I can't tell but I'd guess it is.

It is going through Langsett ,which is about a mile from me ,and ,yes ,it is in the Borough of Barnsley.