2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Do you have an irony detector?The clue was in the "hard working families "reference so beloved of our politicians.Who was the idiot you mentioned?
I just looked at your post and it simply reads like the usual ranty "I don't like x, therefore x should not happen" SF post, without a hint of irony.

Stage 2 http://letour.yorkshire.com/stage-2

on yer bikes!

Full route presentation was today in Paris. I see the route for the Sheffield stage now only goes as far as Leppings Lane roundabout with the rest TBC.

I think some tweeking of the route to Attercliffe Common is been made as the original route was to go pass the NGH but thats now been knocked on the head as it would have caused access issues to the hospital.

Wow!

Straight down into Oughtibridge and up Jaw Bone Hill.

Very Dangerous for spectators. Maybe they'll make em go round the oneway system, the wrong way.

Otherwise we'll need a speed trap and a 2 minute warning to clear the road.

BTW - Any one know where there is a 40mph speed warning sign. There's a 30mph sign as you drop into Hathasage - been there done that.

Looking forwards to Le Tour.

Wow!

Straight down into Oughtibridge and up Jaw Bone Hill.

Very Dangerous for spectators. Maybe they'll make em go round the oneway system, the wrong way.

Otherwise we'll need a speed trap and a 2 minute warning to clear the road.

BTW - Any one know where there is a 40mph speed warning sign. There's a 30mph sign as you drop into Hathasage - been there done that.

Looking forwards to Le Tour.

The route will be fully closed off with barriers and the many vehicles that accompany the tour, i'm sure no one will be allowed to walk onto the road in this area & if you did you would very quickly regret it. There will be no speed restrictions coming down there either.

Cant wait :)

All this malarkey is very good news to me. With the roads being closed off just for suicyclists and no speed limits, it'll be an excellent proving ground for my 'frame-up' restoration Raleigh Chopper.

Built at no expense as a 'bike to beat all bikes', the re-geared Sturmey Archer gearing system and uprated suspension should see it easily reach speeds of 85-90 mph!

Wearing my specially made Anne Summers lycra 'shrink to fit' wetsuit, I may even be streamlined enough to double that speed! :o:D

Re - Oughtibridge

I worry - Cordoned off pavements are the exception rather than the rule and collisions happen (or almost happens) every year in the Tour. The British public are not exactly savvy with top bike racing.

And

As exhibited in the Tour of Britain, we now have the morons who run alongside the riders, not to encourage but just for their own 15 seconds of fame.

As exhibited in the Tour of Britain, we now have the morons who run alongside the riders, not to encourage but just for their own 15 seconds of fame.
as they do in France too. Some characters have almost made a career out of it. Bear in mind the runners follow up hill though, not downhill at 40mph plus which is where most are citing the danger in Outibridge