2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Not true. Car park charges usually increase during Tour De France. Local land owners cash in charging exorbitant prices to park a caravan or pitch a tent.

You can guarantee sheffield council will be fleecing every penny they can from visitors parking to watch the race.

Not really. The route will be a no go area for spectator's vehicles and those vehicles that will be allowed on the course won't be getting tickets for supporting their riders :roll:

Why would that stop the council wardens sticking tickets on spectators cars and support vehicles?:huh:

Why would that stop the council wardens sticking tickets on spectators cars and support vehicles?:huh:

Erm... because

"The route will be a no go area for spectator's vehicles and those vehicles that will be allowed on the course won't be getting tickets for supporting their riders"

You (and your "friends") do seem to have a hang-up about paying for parking. :rolleyes:

If you knew anything about the Tour you'd know that all private vehicles are banned from the course which is fenced off. This is to allow cyclists and their entourage unimpeded access. Emergency and media vehicles have access too but spectator cars? Why would they allow private cars to drive on a major road race? If you'd think about what you post or did a bit of research you might not post so much rubbish.

If you knew anything about the Tour you'd know that all private vehicles are banned from the course which is fenced off. This is to allow cyclists and their entourage unimpeded access. Emergency and media vehicles have access too but spectator cars? Why would they allow private cars to drive on a major road race? If you'd think about what you post or did a bit of research you might not post so much rubbish.

I think the problem is that some folk do not realise [yet] that the Tour De France is the biggest annual sporting event in the World.

And if you thought about it you would realise that the tens of thousands of spectators who follow the tour have to park somewhere. It won't be on the actual route, but it will be close by. And where ever that is our beloved council will have the men issuing tickets. But of course you don't think or do any research.so that escaped you.

Did I hear correctly on the news yesterday ( I'm sure if not somebody will be quick to tell me ) That in this region alone it's going to cost £2 million pounds more than originally estimated ? Why am I not surprised at this ? :roll:

Don't worry about it. This is South Yorkshire. They will do exactly the same as they did with the Student Games and Super Tram. They will put off payment for a couple of generations. We won't be paying out an extra couple of million, but our grand kids might be forking out £10 million on our behalf.

And if you thought about it you would realise that the tens of thousands of spectators who follow the tour have to park somewhere. It won't be on the actual route, but it will be close by. And where ever that is our beloved council will have the men issuing tickets. But of course you don't think or do any research.so that escaped you.

I believe there will be designated parking areas and/or fields opened up for spectators to park in. Do your research :roll: