2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Hardly any "ignorance" [= not knowing]. I know that the 'Tour' will have a bill attached; and I know who'll have to pay it.

They have set up campsites for caravanners and tents on the routes. Im wondering if these will be full? I cant see it myself, as it will be like watching a Grand Prix race, only to find the bikes only pass you once.

It must be riveting, but sadly, I will be busy watching some paint dry.

They have set up campsites for caravanners and tents on the routes. Im wondering if these will be full? I cant see it myself, as it will be like watching a Grand Prix race, only to find the bikes only pass you once.

Life only passes once keep watching your paint dry.

It's ok, you stick to Skegness :)

just seen on look north that giant shimano team were in sheffield today riding the route for the tour does anyone know if any of the other teams will be doing the route before the event. thanks

Really? No doubt they'll be checking their famous brakes will (a) cope with our steep hills :clap: and (b) withstand our deadly potholes :blush:

It will not even take as long as the marathon. The cyclist will be in Sheffield and finish in less than a hour.

It is not some slow all day entertainment. They fly by and they are gone/finished, best chance is to catch them going uphill somewhere if you want to catch an extra minute.

Best place would be top of jawbone hill

Really? No doubt they'll be checking their famous brakes will (a) cope with our steep hills :clap: and (b) withstand our deadly potholes :blush:

You do know they cycle up and down mountains, and some of the races are on cobbles? So they'll mange just fine in Sheffield.