2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Was at work yesterday, and mi brother had the greatest of pleasures to inform me that he's seen team Sky going up Herries Rd, I dare say we'll see a fair few teams checking out the route between now and the race.

Me, I'm going to Hawes on Friday night night to watch them come up the "buttertubs" on Saturday, and then make my way to either the top of Holme Moss, or failing that I'll come home and get mi little scooter out and go watch it on Bradfield somewhere. Failing that I may just stay home and watch em come up past my house near Herries Rd... decisions decisions.! Where ever ya gonna be, enjoy it it's gonna be a fab day.!

jt

Was at work yesterday, and mi brother had the greatest of pleasures to inform me that he's seen team Sky going up Herries Rd, I dare say we'll see a fair few teams checking out the route between now and the race.

Me, I'm going to Hawes on Friday night night to watch them come up the "buttertubs" on Saturday, and then make my way to either the top of Holme Moss, or failing that I'll come home and get mi little scooter out and go watch it on Bradfield somewhere. Failing that I may just stay home and watch em come up past my house near Herries Rd... decisions decisions.! Where ever ya gonna be, enjoy it it's gonna be a fab day.!

jt

Got a picture sent by my lad of them going up Cote de Jenkin Road.

It's not a few months anymore, it's now just a matter of a few weeks. 6 weeks on Sunday to be exact.

Apart from a few road side posters dotted here and there you wouldn't think one of the biggest sporting events in the world was happening in our city in a few weeks time.

I was at Meadowhall yesterday and there's a big stall selling TdF memorabilia. And very expensive it is too. £30 for a t-shirt. I will wait until they appear in charity shops.

I have seen a couple of yellow bikes in the city centre which I assume are supposed to be adverts for the tour but you'd have to know the Tour is coming to know what they symbolise.

---------- Post added 01-06-2014 at 09:51 ----------

It's not a few months anymore, it's now just a matter of a few weeks. 6 weeks on Sunday to be exact.

Five weeks today to be exact - Sunday July 6th.

good that they will be closing roads and making people go out of their way for something the majority couldn't care less about.let them cycle round a field.

I couldn't care less about the world cup, but I'll get it rammed down my throat for the next month. Why can't the footballers just go and play in the local park? :rolleyes:

It's a day or two's minor inconveinence for a small number of people for one of the worlds premier sporting events, watched by tens of millions in Europe alone.

I couldn't care less about the world cup, but I'll get it rammed down my throat for the next month. Why can't the footballers just go and play in the local park? :rolleyes:

It's a day or two's minor inconveinence for a small number of people for one of the worlds premier sporting events, watched by tens of millions in Europe alone.

It is the Worlds biggest annual sporting event and it is coming to a road near you, get out the bunting, cut the hedge and sup some Vino:)

good that they will be closing roads and making people go out of their way for something the majority couldn't care less about.let them cycle round a field.

ya could always go to Cleethorpes for the day, or watch tv, i'm sure they'll be showing some prima donna in Brazil kicking a ball around on a beach.!

jt