2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

dvp82

Absolutely not - I couldn't care a flying fig about the cycle race.

I'm a nurse who works at the NGH and care about the impact the race WILL have on access in and out the hospital - not just emergency vehicles but for those trying to visit loved ones.

I am not 'inventing lies' about anything - you owe me an apology I think.

You stated that the Tour will impact on health services as it's going near the NGH. Just because it's going near the NGH doesn't mean it will impact on health services. You're just stating as fact something that may not be fact. Other health services seem to cope with their nearby events. The authorities here are now happy with the route including access to the NG. Stop getting hysterical about something you're imagining.

As already said, people can just not visit for one day, it isnt going to kill them. If they really want to then they go the long way round, or turn up at hospital at half six in the morning and stay there all day until the roads reopen.

What is stopping people in parts of Sheffield which cant easily get to NGH going to other A&E departments in South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire?

You really are a very hard and uncaring person aren't you ?

I'm not going to waste any more of my very precious day off conversing with you.

---------- Post added 13-06-2014 at 09:54 ----------

You stated that the Tour will impact on health services as it's going near the NGH. Just because it's going near the NGH doesn't mean it will impact on health services. You're just stating as fact something that may not be fact. Other health services seem to cope with their nearby events. The authorities here are now happy with the route including access to the NG. Stop getting hysterical about something you're imagining.

I am neither hysterical nor imagining - just someone who cares.

You really are a very hard and uncaring person aren't you ?

I'm not going to waste any more of my very precious day off conversing with you.

Oh dear. Im trying to offer perfectly practical solutions and you are having a hissy fit. :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Seriously, Rotherham has an A&E department doesnt it? Many parts of Sheffield are nearer to that than the one in Sheffield, what is stopping people going there instead for ONE DAY?

I am neither hysterical nor imagining

The bit of your post I quoted proves otherwise.

I'm a nurse who works at the NGH and care about the impact the race WILL have on access in and out the hospital - not just emergency vehicles but for those trying to visit loved ones.

I am not 'inventing lies' about anything - you owe me an apology I think.

The race will have zero impact on the emergancy services reaching the NGH should they need too. Thats a fact. You're talking total nonsense.

It will like DYKWIA stated cause some inconvenience to some people but the race won't prevent people trying to access the NGH on a non emergency level from doing so.

From what I read access will just be more difficult because of the race, but not impossible.

Theres a map and you can plan your route which is what everyone is being told to do. For relatives of visitors they also have extended visting hours on the previous day.

From what I read access will just be more difficult because of the race, but not impossible.

Theres a map and you can plan your route which is what everyone is being told to do. For relatives of visitors they also have extended visting hours on the previous day.

This I know - thank you.

My annoyance was the attitude of Le Marquis, No User Name and DUP82 who fail to consider that access will be difficult and confusing for some visitors - albeit for just one day - and their lack of compassion or concern for them at what could be a very difficult time for them

Being accused of being hysterical is amusing - I'm a nurse - I don't 'do' hysterical :)

Regards.

Edited by Daven

This I know - thank you.

My annoyance was the attitude of Le Marquis, No User Name and DUP82 who fail to consider that access will be difficult and confusing for some visitors - albeit for just one day - and their lack of compassion or concern for them.

Regards.

Will you answer my question about people being able to visit other A&E departments, please?