Help my van will not start

it a 03 plate vauxhall combi all the light are on and when i turn it to start it just clicks and thats it im gonna try and put the battray on charge to nignt and see if that do,s it if not i will try some of ur sugestions its just so funny it was fine alday yestoday and then last night it wouldnt fire up

Pray it's not your starter motor, ours on the A-class went and because of it's location it needed an engine drop and independent garages wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Ended up paying £600 to Europa.....

Just out of interest, when you say "A class" are you referring to a Merc car, or are we still talking vans? Either way, one day in the future the motor industry will quite rightly (and hopefully) be investigated for collusion. An engine drop to access a starter motor. Jobs for the main dealer boys- ridiculous!

it a 03 plate vauxhall combi all the light are on and when i turn it to start it just clicks and thats it im gonna try and put the battray on charge to nignt and see if that do,s it if not i will try some of ur sugestions its just so funny it was fine alday yestoday and then last night it wouldnt fire up

Could be the cold - if your battery's getting old it might not have enough power to start the van in the cold weather. My car battery went the same way when we had a cold snap a few years ago. I tried to phone the AA but couldn't get through. The next day when they finally sent someone the guy said he'd spent the last two days sorting out nothing but flat batteries. There was no clue it was on its way out, it simply wouldn't start one evening.

If it didn't start with a jump-start it's nothing to do with the battery, because the jumper leads would have provided plenty of current to start the car.

well on the older models you could get to hit it with a hammer

This was always my favourite treatment

Bash

Bash

"Start you mot*#er f*#ker"

Bash

Bash

Archived