What lessons should schools and universities learn?

You seem to forget that students also need to support themselves.In addition they sacrifice current earnings.Both are costs,making the free claim you assert ring rather hollow.

One doesn't need to go to university to study for a degree, it’s possible to do it whilst working and earning, my son managed it but it does involve more sacrifice, no nights out getting drunk.

One doesn't need to go to university to study for a degree, it’s possible to do it whilst working and earning, my son managed it but it does involve more sacrifice, no nights out getting drunk.

What did the lecturers say when they found him serving them burgers in McDs?

A great majority of past inventions and discoveries were done by people who never went to university and a lot were also serendipitous (lucky accidents).

Gentleman scientists etc. Science was largely in the hands of the aristocracy and rich hobbyists, like Cavendish of Chatsworth.

Why do you think its ridiculous to study, take and pass a degree, whilst working full time?

I think it is ridiculous to take my quip about McDs seriously.Can you seriously see a lecturer visiting a burger joint being served by a student?After all,lecturers are nearly all vegans and some are even vegetarian.

Archived