Best sayin when we were a kid.

grinder

"Their cat run up our entry" - a distant relative..:)

In our family it was that "their cat pee'd up our entry! lol :o

"Up shah's a**e on't second shelf" was the answer given when you asked where something was.

In our house it was "Up 't pig's backside on't second shelf"

When someone had the bad manners to trump in company it was"Call out Brown your through!",or "Stand up Brown for Talking!"or "Is that you Brown?".Another one"It,l take a lot o glue to stick that back together!":thumbsup::help:

My mum had quite coarse comments when wind was broken... *cough*

if it smelt badly, it was

"I should wipe me ar$e and call that one a $--t if I were you!"

or "God! Anyone that tekks two sniffs o' that is a greedy beggar!"

If She had made the bad smell, herself, it was "Eh, tek deep breaths and it'll soon go away!"

My dad's response, on breaking wind was "Good Ar$e!"

Chez Talker it's "More tea, Vicar...?" "No thanks, it makes me fart!"

I was told if I cried "If tha dunt shurrup rooaring I'll gi thi summat to rooar for!"

Asking what was for tea often got "A run 'roun' table an a kick up pantry dooar"

And please tell me what (if you were dirty) "Thar't colour o' cats cods!" meant?

We used their cat p'd up our entry when we couldn't remember the way the families were connected.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 09:25 ----------

My gran when she farted used to say wheres them ducks lololololol:hihi::hihi::hihi:

My Dad used to say "Gerrart an walk!" :hihi:

Also sitting in the car we were always told to "sit back and have a longer ride".

Archived