Buying new car battery from ebay

I bought one of eBay (5 year warranty - which I did use quite quickly) but after the initial hiccup it out lasted the car. A zarta I think. I wasn't put off by the name it had a good spec and good reviews.

Do your due dilligence and check the feedback at you should be ok. And don't use halfords as a price mark though - way too expensive.

At £45 it's gunne be either a used battery or it's a fake.

The raw materials in a battery have shot up over the past few years, so £70ish for a medium sized battery is the going rate.

Fake batteries are dangerous as hell, you'd be stupid to run one.

people are so sceptical on here defo not a fake and defo not used. i picked it up from chesterfield and the guy had 8 of them. it came from a garage. he said if i had i problem i could return it or swap it. it was sealed up. nudge nudge wink say no more

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 18:03 ----------

i bought bosch to match on exactly in the car. i could have got a LUCAS at 66 including VAT

people are so sceptical on here defo not a fake and defo not used. i picked it up from chesterfield and the guy had 8 of them. it came from a garage. he said if i had i problem i could return it or swap it. it was sealed up. nudge nudge wink say no more

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 18:03 ----------

i bought bosch to match on exactly in the car. i could have got a LUCAS at 66 including VAT

I have a Bosche Silverline one in my Merc, not a single problem and its 2yr old.

Iv'e bought a few from e-bay,never had any trouble.

It just shows what a rip off places like halfords are when you can buy the exact same product at a fraction of the cost.

I wanted some wd40 the other week.

went to halford-it was £6 so I didn't bother

lidl up the road had the exact same tin for around £2:loopy:

So, stolen then?

You can get good batteries from Ebay, but the problem is if anything goes wrong. You've got to arrange a courier at your own expense to return it.

At least with Euro they have a good RMA service who will collect it or you can drop it into any store.

You have to think about it are they snidy parts or knock off parts you just don't know with Ebay but to be honest I've bought some good stuff of Ebay, don't know what I would do with out it sometimes,when you see some of the prices that they sell things for you have to think were do they get these things from some are sold for less than cost price,I got a water pump off Ebay for my Shogun the best price I could get local was £55 I got one off Ebay for £15 new and it was the proper thing as well,Ive got an old 1959 Ford 100e and you can even get parts off Ebay for that.

Archived