Cars with defective lights

as a lorry driver i have to do daily walk around checks of my lorry,lights,tyres,brakes,horn,wheel nuts,body work etc,every morning before i set off and fill a check list in to say ive done it and have to allow up to half an hour to do it and carry enough bulbs to replace any defective ones while im out and about,if i am stopped by vosa or the police for any defects im taken off the road till they are repaired,perhaps its time car and van drivers were given the same check list book to fill in everyday,to ensure there vehicle is fit for the road instead of relying on the once a year mot check.

I see a lot of cars with lights out when I am driving up and down the M1 to work. What annoys me as well is the idiots who think that because there is a little fog they have to put the fog lights on even when you can see the tail lights of cars a long distance away.

It mostly comes down to the fact that they don't check their vehicle either through sheer ignorance or lack of knowledge. I'm willing to wager that a lot of car owners have never even opened the bonnet to check fluids etc.

Some even think that everything works magically throughout the year and that the MOT is when you get things fixed/replaced.

I've even known of one driver who took her car into the garage because her 'washer jets stopped working'. The problem? No fluid.

Recently it's been added to the driving test that you identify certain bits under the bonnet but that's useless knowledge unless you understand what they're for and how to deal with them.

I am always surprised that police cars don't pull people over, especially when they are next to them at traffic lights etc. However, having said that I set off for work a week ago, turned my lights on and the drivers side headlight blew - it was 6am so way too early to get a replacement, so I had to drive to work - didn't get chance to nip out at lunchtime so it was evening and dark again before I could get to Halfords

People are never taught or told to maintain their cars. They just assume they keep going.

I do agree with the comment about manufacturers making bulbs as difficult as possible to change though. They're one of the most often replaced consumables on cars so should be as easy as possible to change.

Time the boys in blue started cracking some skulls at the side of the road I think.

Theres no excuse for defective headlights

You`re a severe & hard person Sarah. :hihi: I think that would work.

But what should the drug dealers (for example) have done to them?

Write me a list of crimes and appropriate punishments. We could start a whole new thread.

Archived