Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

You're quite right that I had no idea.

That's why I asked what the criteria were.

Someone helpfully posted the full list of criteria, and several other people agreed that you were talking nonsense. Having HIV in no way qualifies you for a blue badge as it is not a disability.

Happy to repeat it again:

Here it is :

Walking Disability

You will need to show that:

you cannot walk; or

you are unable to walk very far without experiencing severe discomfort; or

the physical effort needed to walk could damage your health.

The degree of impairment should be similar to that required to claim the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance. Entitlement depends on your difficulty walking, and considerations such as difficulty in carrying parcels cannot be taken into account, the condition also has to be permanent and substantial.

You might want to consider that the driver of the vehicle is not the blue badge holder as well. I've gotten no end of abuse for seemingly being able bodied (well that's because I am) and parking on double yellows right in the middle of town.

I can walk up mountains. My mother finds walking to the car from the WI or whatever as equally hard - the badge is for her, not me.

You might want to consider that the driver of the vehicle is not the blue badge holder as well. I've gotten no end of abuse for seemingly being able bodied (well that's because I am) and parking on double yellows right in the middle of town.

I can walk up mountains. My mother finds walking to the car from the WI or whatever as equally hard - the badge is for her, not me.

Yes there are too many brainless people out there ready to point a finger or utter abuse. :shakes:

I am disabled, have a blue badge and a child, I find it difficult to get in and out of car, but if there are plenty of spaces and others could use them, then why not? Seems silly to me that able bodied drivers queuing when they can use a space without affecting others x

Well said, I have a blue badge it is for use when I go in someone's car I cannot drive, as I struggle with walking like your mum :clap:

I am disabled, have a blue badge and a child, I find it difficult to get in and out of car, but if there are plenty of spaces and others could use them, then why not? Seems silly to me that able bodied drivers queuing when they can use a space without affecting others x

How do they know how many blue badge holders will arrive two minutes after they've gone into the shop?

Exactly how many is "lots" of spaces available, so how many can be filled by non blue badge holders? And how is it guaranteed that a space will be available when needed if say half of the spaces have been taken because it wasn't busy...

• 5 months later...

its funny but my disabled space is often unavailable when i return from a chemo visit, its also funny as folk ignore the sign outside my house. just keep on parking in those spaces folks, my life is enriched by being in pain and waiting for you to finish your shopping. dont forget......in law we have no redress......

those spaces are for our convenience, we cannot get the warden to give you a ticket.....so make my day

Only one reason for able bodied people using disabled spaces.................LAZY!!!

If you can't be arsed to walk the extra 10 meters, on your fully functional legs, maybe you should have them chopped off at the knee??

No excuse, lazy, arrogant morons!!

Archived