Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

Just to turn the post full circle, someone able bodied parks in a Disabled bay, as they enter the shop the remaining couple of Disabled bays are used up. You pull up (Disabled) and there are no bays left, you sit there gnashing your teeth and chewing the fat until our able bodied friend skips out, loads his car and with a cheery wave drives away.

Would you mind the able bodied nicking your space.

Angel.

I wouldn't mind to be honest. I'd like to be treated the same as everyone else and expect to be inconvenienced now and again.

Disabled people like able bodied people parking in their spaces. It gives them a lovely warm feeling inside.

That's ok then.

Did you think that using the loading bay might have been better?

I wasn't aware there was one.............

Do able bodied people mind if a blue badge holder takes the last ordinary space in the car park? Is it good manners for them not to do this?

Touche...

I have to be on oxygen 24/7 and my wife has to shower/ dress me and I cannot even get to the car boot for my wheelchair without portable oxygen .. Would you care to share my inconvenience ?

No of course not..Disabled people should have priority... I'm talking about loads of empty bays being put to better use. Isn't it slightly wrong for the bays to be left empty..

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 21:15 ----------

My solution would be to have different coloured disabled bays, say red = absolutely disabled only. Orange = can be used if all red are available and yellow can be used if half the orange are available.

Does she know if they have children at home?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 20:15 ----------

No.........the grandparents, mother and children park up - buy goods- then the mother and children leave. Grandparents get into said car. Its not that difficult to understand!

But then they have to face Dawney and her accusations / questions.

I think you'd be happier in Somalia, there are no boring old rules there, it must be paradise?

Archived