Do Disabled People Mind If I Park In Their Space?

If the land is private [= not a public highway], You could lawfully argue that whether they mind or nor is irrelevant.

It's polite not to use spaces set-aside for disabled people, I agree, and I always try to leave the spaces available.

But an objecting disabled person has no legitimate claim in law against you, and nor does Argos.

I'm glad someone else knows this. Though I tend to leave the disabled spaces and use the parent/child spaces. I don't begrudge they need the wider spaces (mostly because it's wimmen driving :suspect:) but there's NO NEED for them to be next to the shops aswell.

Maybe if they put the parent/child spaces at the furthest point we wouldn't have fat kids. :hihi:

I'm glad someone else knows this. Though I tend to leave the disabled spaces and use the parent/child spaces. I don't begrudge they need the wider spaces (mostly because it's wimmen driving :suspect:) but there's NO NEED for them to be next to the shops aswell.

Maybe if they put the parent/child spaces at the furthest point we wouldn't have fat kids. :hihi:

I agree, parent and toddler spaces don't need to be near the shop entrance. However, the need for parent and toddler spaces is partly to do with not damaging other people's cars as the parents need to open their car doors wide in order to get their child out. What is the reason you need to park nearest to the shop, even if the spaces have been designated for parents and toddlers or disabled customers? I think most people have a sense of respect for other people, and will avoid taking spaces other people may need.

You obviously don't understand what it is like to be old.

How do you know they have no children?

No children with them. I guess by looking.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 11:27 ----------

Does she know if they have children at home?

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 20:15 ----------

No.........the grandparents, mother and children park up - buy goods- then the mother and children leave. Grandparents get into said car. Its not that difficult to understand!

But then they have to face Dawney and her accusations / questions.

What about the situation where you see them parking and there is no child with them?

Maybe they are intending to snatch a child that is already in the store, and so it's okay for them to use that space.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 11:28 ----------

I agree, parent and toddler spaces don't need to be near the shop entrance. However, the need for parent and toddler spaces is partly to do with not damaging other people's cars as the parents need to open their car doors wide in order to get their child out. What is the reason you need to park nearest to the shop, even if the spaces have been designated for parents and toddlers or disabled customers? I think most people have a sense of respect for other people, and will avoid taking spaces other people may need.

Maybe all the spaces should be wide enough to open the car doors... Loading a child doesn't require the door to be open any further than loading a large box...

Maybe all the spaces should be wide enough to open the car doors... Loading a child doesn't require the door to be open any further than loading a large box...

Considering supermarkets are usually the places where you buy bags of shopping and put them in the boot - the place where you'd also put a "large box", your argument doesn't really make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970 View Post

No, they use parent and child places and have no children, you obviously dont understand sarcasm

You obviously don't understand what it is like to be old.

How do you know they have no children?

Forgive her, she obviously moved to Sheffield after living in Essex, no doubt one of those dumb Essex blondes you read about.

I don't have a problem as long as there are ample spaces for those people with disabilities who need them.

I DO have a problem with people parking in the spot painted outside my house because it's the only spot left in the street. That defeats the entire purpose of having the parking space painted because if it's the only space left in the street and I can't do the distance from another street up the hill then I'm going to have to sit in the car until whoever has parked in the space has moved (since I'm the only person insured to drive the car and my partner doesn't drive).

I can understand that, as you would have paid to have it done,but what if another blue badged user,uses it?

I've only ever seen one disabled bay outside a house, just off Eccy road I'll not say where, but I think if you're going to be allowed to paint a disabled spot outside your house, you should have a serious mobility issue.

Cause blue badges are chucked at anybody these days, I see it all the time in Meadowhall people hopping out of they 4X4s with Blue Badges in the window or hauling 10 bags of Christmas shopping to their boot.

Forgive her, she obviously moved to Sheffield after living in Essex, no doubt one of those dumb Essex blondes you read about.

Oops your bad, never lived in essex, she is infact He, and i can construct a reasoned argument, i dont resort to snide comments, i grew up!!

Archived