Sports Personalitys Don't Have Personalitys

To be fair people with good personalitys don't tend to be very good at sports (except for Muhamed Ali and Chris Eubank)

Remember at school, the very intelligent kid? great at Allgebra, but rubbish at football

What are you talking about:loopy::hihi:

Are you claiming that people that are good at algebra are better in social gatherings than people that do lots of sport:hihi::hihi::hihi:

By that reckoning I am assuming you are an olympic athlete?....although I think we can also assume here that you are wrong.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 12:09 ----------

I don't really care if they have lots of personality to be honest. As Sir Chris Hoy said in the run up to the Beijing Olympics (when people were asking him about the problems with personal freedoms and invasive state in China), 'I ride a bike for a living, leave me out of the politics please'.

I think this particular award is about bringing people into sport and making exercise cooler-in that respect its very important! Particularly with the imminent health crises coming our way.

It would be great if we had more positive role models, people who are active and healthy and who do good for their society. It sounds like Sir Chris was being an idiot to me!

Edited by llamatron

One would be wrong. It is a real word.
One would still be right: per your own quote, it's a verb.

Opines?
is like posting "is?" or "has?" or...

:rolleyes:

As for the topic: they're sports people, not trained public speakers. Personality has nothing to do with it.

You just think they have no personalitys because everybody else on TV is arrogant and full of themselves.

Sports people are generally just normal people who are well known because of what they do and wouldn't consider themselves 'celebritys', so don't make a big show every time they're on the TV, don't jump around to feign excitement, they're acting just as you and I probably would if we happened to have to collect an award but we considered ourselves as normal people.

You just think they have no personalitys because everybody else on TV is arrogant and full of themselves.

Sports people are generally just normal people who are well known because of what they do and wouldn't consider themselves 'celebritys', so don't make a big show every time they're on the TV, don't jump around to feign excitement, they're acting just as you and I probably would if we happened to have to collect an award but we considered ourselves as normal people.

I wonder how the O.P. would fare standing up in front of 16.000 people and millions on T.V.and having to give a speach.

And to imply that Bradley and Jessica have no personality well.!

Most just mumble and mumble. Can't string a sentence together. Or speak in txt style.

Opines?

I've stopped watching the so called sports personallity of the year for a number of reasons.

Most notably. David Walliams swam the channel for charity to raise money for a good cause and got nothing.

Zara Phillips who rides a horse got a silver spoon in her mouth and doesnt work for a living yet we pay her got an award.

They dont give it to those that deserve it.

I've stopped watching the so called sports personallity of the year for a number of reasons.

Most notably. David Walliams swam the channel for charity to raise money for a good cause and got nothing.

Zara Phillips who rides a horse got a silver spoon in her mouth and doesnt work for a living yet we pay her got an award.

They dont give it to those that deserve it.

And the best horse that money can buy at that.

So what chance does a lass from an ordinary background have in the horsey World.