The Pheasant pub Sheffield Lane Top

I used to live in Sheffield (Deerlands Ave). Went back there last week visiting. Passed The Pheasant At Sheff. Lane Top and it was all boarded up and up for sale. Sad, remember standing outside in the 50s, with a bottle of orange and a packet of crisp, whilst my Mom and Dad was inside having a drink. Also used to go on th annual summer coach trip to Cleethorpes. There was an endless row of coaches full of kids all going on the trip. Happy memories

I used to climb up the drain pipes for pigeon chicks to keep and near bonfire night we used to break up a couple of double air bombs put them in a box and let them off in the off license I did take my gf in a few times when i got older we used to do lane top working mens club trips brilliant especialy since we couldnt afford holidays

I used to climb up the drain pipes for pigeon chicks to keep and near bonfire night we used to break up a couple of double air bombs put them in a box and let them off in the off license I did take my gf in a few times when i got older we used to do lane top working mens club trips brilliant especialy since we couldnt afford holidays

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi:

THERE WERE MORE ON CHURCH AT FIRTH PARK

Just after the war when the Sheffield walk was restarted, the pub would empty & everybody would cheer on the walkers. Some of the walkers would have a glass of ale. On Saturday evening the Green 'Un would be on sale outside the Pheasant, what a difference to today.