Millhouses animal sanctuary

nexusdee

Wasn't this place under threat of closure some time ago (10,20 years) because they kept animals in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions. We used to visit when kids were young and the animals certainly weren't kept in the best way.

think you'll get this post removed nagel...in my memory the sanctuary has put numerous pleas for help/facing bankruptcy in the past and I've heard some care criticisms like yours before in the past (won't be more specific). and they mention the noise problem on their own website back in October.

I don't know whats going on, I don't know the facts but the council will have procedures and will be bound by the law whenever any complaint about noise is made it has to react within its guidelines, irrespective of whom the complaint is against.

been in dog rescue kennels where you can't hear someone talk the barking is so loud

Thank you RainRescue for you informative post (this is why ur the expert & I'm not) could this be the problem, could it be the sisters aren't getting enough help or even too proud to say we need help?

We can all take our stand on each side of the fence either pro or against the complainer but this isn't going to help & could possible be what's made the problem go this far? Neither is going on about posts being removed - they've gone get over it & move on.

I've this forum work wonders when everyone pulls together so let's do it again & help this sanctuary continue its dedicated work without upsetting the neighbours

I imagine the council will have followed whatever the procedure is whenever they get a complaint about noise-be it an animal sanctuary or a neighbour playing loud music all night.

It usually involves keeping records and their officers going out with noise monitors.

Maybe dogs should be mainly kept at penistone and quieter/farm animals kept at that site.

having been to rescue kennels-the noise can be unbelievable as I'm sure a lot of you know.

This complainant has had the noise for a long time why complain now when he may only have a few years left himself,has he an hidden egenda.All kennels are noisy this is what stressed out dogs do they bark the council knew this when permission was granted in the first place,call me sceptical but councils are not above any suspicion

or councillors as one poster says its not exactly in the middle of a densely populated area.I have my suspicions keep your eye on the property pages of the Sheffield Telegraph.

THis story is a tad unfair... Check The Star.http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/no-choice-over-report-of-noise-1-5235220

To quote He said: “They say they have 17 dogs, but at times there have been 30. Can you imagine the noise they make day in day out, how you don’t get any sleep when it goes on all through the night?"

“There was one dog howling continually from 5pm until 2am, then from 3am to 6am.”

I'd complain, wouldn't you?

I find this absolutly disgusting. So this idiot whos lived there for some considerable length of time suddenly complains which means innocent animals get put to sleep. Part of me wishes they'd put him to sleep instead to solve the problem :rant:

He clearly doesnt have a conscience.

Thank you RainRescue for you informative post (this is why ur the expert & I'm not) could this be the problem, could it be the sisters aren't getting enough help or even too proud to say we need help?

I've this forum work wonders when everyone pulls together so let's do it again & help this sanctuary continue its dedicated work without upsetting the neighbours

Well I think that article in the Mail should help - lots of publicity and public outcry (and plenty of pictures of cute dogs looking sad ;))

It's just a shame that they didn't include a link to the website & ways to donate - the top comments are "Is there no where we can donate for sound proof fencing?" and similar, with about 2500 'likes' in total - imagine if each of those just donated a couple of pounds?!

EDIT: http://animalsheltersheffield.co.uk/donations/

Archived