Car cutting out

Recovery companys aren't going to carry around coilpacks in their vans, they won't replace them for you either cos they're frigging expensive to buy.

It's not a 10 quid set of spark plugs, they can be £100's of pounds a set new.

This is a crappy old vauxhall, i doubt it will be 100's of pounds as that will be more then the cars worth

Oh, I had the same issue with my Astra this year.

It was in and out of the garage 6 times or so.

The ECG/CGR/VCR??? Don't remember what it is called - but the _ _ _ valve was changed eventually and that sorted it out for me.

My car cut out at exactly the same point every day for months.

Recovery companys aren't going to carry around coilpacks in their vans, they won't replace them for you either cos they're frigging expensive to buy.

The AA guy had one to fit my Renault on board when I called them out?

• 3 weeks later...

No they're not. £20 for a brand new coil pack for my 2004 1.4 fiesta zetec. £10 new spark plugs and £5 for leads from scrap yard. Half hour job to change. Never missed a beat since I changed mine after it started misfiring 2 years ago.

its petrol luv n im askin for advice bout a car not about the way i write on here thank u

:hihi: Well said!

The majority of faults like this are due either to fuel or electrical problems.

I don't think anyone on here can tell you exactly what is wrong with it - but a good garage should be able to. It doesn't sound particularly serious or expensive though.