Muslim Spice Website - Real or Parody?

Marx

I came across this site allegedly aimed at supporting Muslims in the West. It has some fascinating advice about what kind of women men should marry. For example;

Facebook is now one of the leading conduits of the break-up of marriages. Any woman who has pictures of herself displayed on her Facebook page should be automatically disqualified. If she is not shy to have millions of men feast their eyes on her then groom beware!

Link here. Some of the men commenting appear to endorse its controversial suggestions.

speaking as a Muslim, there are differing schools of thought in Islam, from the quite liberal to the really hardline.

some scholars believe that there should be no images of anyone, (not just women) right down to No film or TV. there are also those who think that any music except for a drum (the Tabla) is not permissible.

I have a friend who believes it is wrong for a woman to sing in front of males.

some of my Muslim women friends do not even cover their hair, and wear short skirts, others go so far as to wear the Niqaab (face veil) when out in public. Most of us fall somewhere between the two. Some of us wear the scarf, and clothing that covers us up, others of us wear the abaya, (the full-length robe that you see many Muslim women wearing).

I cover my hair, when outdoors, and wear long skirts/ trousers, (in my wheelchair, the abaya gets caught in the wheels).

A few of my friends have a generic female or male figure as their avatar on facebook. Some friends are not fazed by having pictures taken, others politely decline.

Some of the men who have made these comments you link to have issues of control. Others are naive and don't get the concept of "our bodies, our rights (to dress as we please)".... that's the long and short of it.

When I see a woman in a niqab, I see her ostracised from any other culture or viewpoint and destined to a life of servitude. She has no real choice about her situation. She cannot seek employment, education or be anything other than what her husband approves of. Why is she wearing a niqab? To protect men from lusting after her. Islam is so messed up I hardly know where to start.

I came across this site allegedly aimed at supporting Muslims in the West. It has some fascinating advice about what kind of women men should marry. For example;

Facebook is now one of the leading conduits of the break-up of marriages. Any woman who has pictures of herself displayed on her Facebook page should be automatically disqualified. If she is not shy to have millions of men feast their eyes on her then groom beware!

Link here. Some of the men commenting appear to endorse its controversial suggestions.

Just wondering how you 'came across' this site, bothered starting a thread about it and didn't mention that over 95% of the comments and votes were negative about it.

Just wondering how you 'came across' this site, bothered starting a thread about it and didn't mention that over 95% of the comments and votes were negative about it.

Someone posted it on the atheist society facebook page. I didn't count how many comments were negative. The fact that any are positive is surely a couse for concern.

When I see a woman in a niqab, I see her ostracised from any other culture or viewpoint and destined to a life of servitude. She has no real choice about her situation. She cannot seek employment, education or be anything other than what her husband approves of. Why is she wearing a niqab? To protect men from lusting after her. Islam is so messed up I hardly know where to start.

You need to look with your eyes open, A few educated female members of my family wear niqabs, they hold good jobs and one of them even has a husband. He sometimes feels uncomfortable going out with her because of the looks he gets (probably from people like you), but it's what she wants to wear.

Stop judging people on stereotypical views and clear up your messed up views

Archived