Muslim Spice Website - Real or Parody?

Marx

if you want to dissapear into a crowd then look like everyone else.

if a woman is looking out of a letterbox then she doesnt look like everyone else and people will notice her.

Unless everybody is looking "out of letter boxes"

Would she "want" to wear it if she hadn't been fed Islamic propaganda all her life?

as strange as it may seem, there are women who wear the niqaab by choice.

People assume that I have been forced to wear my headscarf by some tyrannical husband, but, no, I wear my headscarf by choice. No-one has "made" me wear it.

---------- Post added 17-12-2012 at 23:36 ----------

When I see a woman in a niqab, I see her ostracised from any other culture or viewpoint and destined to a life of servitude. She has no real choice about her situation. She cannot seek employment, education or be anything other than what her husband approves of. Why is she wearing a niqab? To protect men from lusting after her. Islam is so messed up I hardly know where to start.

But you are making assumptions about that woman, Marx.

Many of us find islamic dress liberating, for many of us, it means freedom from being a slave to fashion.

I mean, If we don't want to comb our hair, or change out of our pyjamas, it's easy to slip the abaya over what we are wearing. No worrying about "do we conform to the size -0 fascism... " none of this "Oh you have to look like Cheryl Cole" crap, or " You have to wear XYZ brand shoes" gubbins (Insert Christian Laboutin or Manolo Blahnik brand of choice here! lol)

Some of the men who have made these comments you link to have issues of control. Others are naive and don't get the concept of "our bodies, our rights (to dress as we please)".... that's the long and short of it.

The correct answer was in the first reply to your post, OP. I have even taken the trouble to quote the relevant part for you.

These attitudes also exist in western society. I was once invited to fight in a bar with someone because I had apparently been "looking at our bird". I'm sure it has happened many times before and since to others.

Now you are trying to make a cultural issue out of it. It isn't. It's just a problem that men have generally. Get over yourself.

From the link:

"Most Muslims know the famous saying of Prophet Muhammad (S) in which he mentioned that a woman can be married for wealth, status, beauty, or her religion and that her religion (piety) was the most important factor to consider."

Strangely, he doesn't seem to mention anything about love.

When I see a woman in a niqab, I see her ostracised from any other culture or viewpoint and destined to a life of servitude. She has no real choice about her situation. She cannot seek employment, education or be anything other than what her husband approves of. Why is she wearing a niqab? To protect men from lusting after her. Islam is so messed up I hardly know where to start.

Well said, forcing women to cover themselves shows how insecure Muslim men are and probably the size of their manhood being on a small side.

speaking as a Muslim, there are differing schools of thought in Islam, from the quite liberal to the really hardline.

some scholars believe that there should be no images of anyone, (not just women) right down to No film or TV. there are also those who think that any music except for a drum (the Tabla) is not permissible.

I have a friend who believes it is wrong for a woman to sing in front of males.

some of my Muslim women friends do not even cover their hair, and wear short skirts, others go so far as to wear the Niqaab (face veil) when out in public. Most of us fall somewhere between the two. Some of us wear the scarf, and clothing that covers us up, others of us wear the abaya, (the full-length robe that you see many Muslim women wearing).

I cover my hair, when outdoors, and wear long skirts/ trousers, (in my wheelchair, the abaya gets caught in the wheels).

A few of my friends have a generic female or male figure as their avatar on facebook. Some friends are not fazed by having pictures taken, others politely decline.

Some of the men who have made these comments you link to have issues of control. Others are naive and don't get the concept of "our bodies, our rights (to dress as we please)".... that's the long and short of it.

But isn't that rather missing the point because you live in the UK? The majority of muslims in the world do not enjoy such options.

Archived