Muslim Spice Website - Real or Parody?

Marx

Maybe they do

No as proven on this forum not so long ago, Muslims have a superior advanced culture over Britishness which isn't vein or shallow, they're proud, respectful and have a strong work ethics.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 23:15 ----------

I see that all the usual suspects have jumped at the chance to air their intolerant and Islamophobic views once more. Quelle surprise.

A simple question which arose whilst debating, why is it frowned upon to ask questions about a respected religion?

I see that all the usual suspects have jumped at the chance to air their intolerant and Islamophobic views once more. Quelle surprise.

Halibut how do you defend the misogyny and 'hate' prevalent in Islam? Look at what is happening in the Arab Spring, how the Muslim Brotherhood are seeking to impose Sharia and how little women matter in Muslim culture. I defend my right to be concerned about any dogma that seeks to repress, restrict or kill people in the name of god, without being labelled an islamaphobe.

No as proven on this forum not so long ago, Muslims have a superior advanced culture over Britishness which isn't vein or shallow, they're proud, respectful and have a strong work ethics.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 23:15 ----------

A simple question which arose whilst debating, why is it frowned upon to ask questions about a respected religion?

What RESPECTED religion ? Respected by you maybe .

speaking as a Muslim, there are differing schools of thought in Islam, from the quite liberal to the really hardline.

some scholars believe that there should be no images of anyone, (not just women) right down to No film or TV. there are also those who think that any music except for a drum (the Tabla) is not permissible.

I have a friend who believes it is wrong for a woman to sing in front of males.

some of my Muslim women friends do not even cover their hair, and wear short skirts, others go so far as to wear the Niqaab (face veil) when out in public. Most of us fall somewhere between the two. Some of us wear the scarf, and clothing that covers us up, others of us wear the abaya, (the full-length robe that you see many Muslim women wearing).

I cover my hair, when outdoors, and wear long skirts/ trousers, (in my wheelchair, the abaya gets caught in the wheels).

A few of my friends have a generic female or male figure as their avatar on facebook. Some friends are not fazed by having pictures taken, others politely decline.

Some of the men who have made these comments you link to have issues of control. Others are naive and don't get the concept of "our bodies, our rights (to dress as we please)".... that's the long and short of it.

I like the ones in short skirts and their stylish high heels (i definately dont have any idea of raping them though its noy honourable

Halibut how do you defend the misogyny and 'hate' prevalent in Islam? Look at what is happening in the Arab Spring, how the Muslim Brotherhood are seeking to impose Sharia and how little women matter in Muslim culture. I defend my right to be concerned about any dogma that seeks to repress, restrict or kill people in the name of god, without being labelled an islamaphobe.

I don't and I never have.

Islam is not (as with all the major world faiths) a single, homogenous thing. The way it's practised in Sheffield among second and third/fourth generation Pakistani Brits is very different to what you might find in Saudi, or in Yemen for example.

If you fail to be able to see the difference between extreme and moderate and just label the whole thing as rotten then it's hard to conclude otherwise than that you're assuming 'they' are all the same and are all deserving of dissaproval and intolerance. This is surely not the case.

Archived