Vehicle signwriting removal

ive got a van that has had signwriting on, but the stickers have been removed,but you can still see were they were,my question is,can it be removed completely without damaging the paintwork,its only noticeable when its wet/damp,as I know its there it is annoying me thanks

ive got a van that has had signwriting on, but the stickers have been removed,but you can still see were they were,my question is,can it be removed completely without damaging the paintwork,its only noticeable when its wet/damp,as I know its there it is annoying me thanks

I am a sign writer.

To remove residue from old signage use methylated spirits ( purple stuff ) on an old rag. If you have removed them and you can see where they have been ( usually nice new paint under the stickers and dull around ) then the only way is t-cut to try and get an even colour back.

I am a sign writer.

To remove residue from old signage use methylated spirits ( purple stuff ) on an old rag. If you have removed them and you can see where they have been ( usually nice new paint under the stickers and dull around ) then the only way is t-cut to try and get an even colour back.

to look straight at it you can't see it,its only when you look at an angle you see the outline but paint work looks fine,so you think the (purple) methylated spirits will do the trick ?does the van need to have been washed first?

thanks.

to look straight at it you can't see it,its only when you look at an angle you see the outline but paint work looks fine,so you think the (purple) methylated spirits will do the trick ?does the van need to have been washed first?

thanks.

Ah then you have lettering ghosts , I thought you ment the goo left behind after removing stickers.

See what happens is the paint under the stickers don't see any eliments , sun, rain etc... And the the paint around it does. The only thing you can do is either recover the area with a solid ( white van then a large white sticker ) or cheapest is t-cut or something same and buff out the ghosting.

Nothing much else can be done other than a respray. I'd go down the road of t-cut.

Ah then you have lettering ghosts , I thought you ment the goo left behind after removing stickers.

See what happens is the paint under the stickers don't see any eliments , sun, rain etc... And the the paint around it does. The only thing you can do is either recover the area with a solid ( white van then a large white sticker ) or cheapest is t-cut or something same and buff out the ghosting.

Nothing much else can be done other than a respray. I'd go down the road of t-cut.

thanks for that,ill try the t-cut (its a silver van) if that makes any difference to what t-cut is used.

thanks for that,ill try the t-cut (its a silver van) if that makes any difference to what t-cut is used.

Just get t-cut colour coded to nearest you want. They usually run about £4 in ASDA and that but don't stock a wide choice of colours, black and white only 2 I've seen in ours in S5 but halfrauds will do the lot.

Archived