People are stealing to eat

Mecky

because they're on benefits, and we all pay for it???

I'm more than happy to fund them though hardship, with sufficient food to eat, money for the bills and clothes to wear.

but going out and getting ******, or smoking like a chimney aren't good uses of this money.

How much of this money goes back to the government?

I believe the tax on ciggies is about 80%.

Because I think the vast majority of the time the position is of their own making?

I see so many people spending money they haven't got on things they don't need. And then they have the temerity to say they are struggling?

again what do you think of this bloke http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2248601/Osborne-strategy-derailed-auction-4G-fall-short-billions.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If a mother has no money to feed herself and children it is morally correct to steal food and nappies, as it would be morally incorrect to see them go undernourished.

If you can't afford them, don't have them.

I suppose the kids are brought up with the same principles.

It would not make more sense to survey people on an allotment waiting list.

Your subject is about people stealing food to survive.

These people according to SYP statistics are mainly young mums. Now they are unlikely to be on a waiting list are they?

Do you know what the returns are on cannabis cultivation?

Your comments are just fatuous.

And lettuce cultivation indoors is on a mass scale for supermarkets, needs a large monetary input from a backer.

The link showing rooftop cultivation is just one rooftop in Brooklyn, USA. not UK!

How are your ordinary householders to get the equipment to grow veg up to the roof?

How do you make the soil stay on the tiles at between 45 and 75 degrees?

There are not that many flat roofs in Sheffield

Before some crazy fool merged this thread I posted the above. I was waiting for a rebuttal from chemist but it appears that he has resurrected another thread from last month that he feels a little more comfier answering.

Archived