People are stealing to eat

Mecky

They get child benefit for things like baby milk, they should stop spending it on booze and fags.

I didn't see any mention of being unemployed or beenfit complainants committing the crimes.

---------- Post added 18-12-2012 at 09:25 ----------

It makes you wonder why other people in the same situation don’t need to steal to survive; maybe they have different priorities when it comes to spending the free money they get.

Isn't that probably why there's a predicted increase in home repossessions and vehicle repossessions.There priority is not paying their debts.

Those who had money no longer do,we'll see how long they take before they steal, then again plenty of those that were self employed already steal.

Isn't that probably why there's a predicted increase in home repossessions and vehicle repossessions.There priority is not paying their debts.

Those who had money no longer do,we'll see how long they take before they steal, then again plenty of those that were self employed already steal.

Are you saying the people that are now stealing are the people that got into a mess with debts during the good times?

Child benefit is a universal benefit (that means it isn't means tested) :loopy:

As i said it doesn't mention anything about benefits - just because one person stole child milk it doesn't make it universally applicable.

They don't get child benefit for milk, they get child benefit to benefit the child and you can only spend it once. So £20 to buy a supply of nappies and milk that can be nearly £10 a can.

I don't think it works out somehow.

Child benefit is a universal benefit (that means it isn't means tested) :loopy:

It comes in handy we have 27 children all under the age of 5.

The prams block the hallway up but the social have said they will build us a garage after they have completed the soft play area in the garden.

If any of you know these shoplifters can you tell them we are always on the lookout for cheap nappies,milk and cigs fortunately we don't drink alcohol so they can down that elsewhere.

There are many crass assumptions in that sentence it's hard to know where to start...

There probably are some assumptions, but I heard the same report on radio 4 this morning, people declaring that they "have to steal to feed their baby".

They do get child benefit though, or at least they are eligible for it.

So what are they doing with it?

Eldest or only child

£20.30

£20 a week is enough to keep a baby in baby milk and nappies...

---------- Post added 18-12-2012 at 09:47 ----------

If a mother has no money to feed herself and children it is morally correct to steal food and nappies, as it would be morally incorrect to see them go undernourished.

Do babies need (disposable) nappies to be adequately fed?

Are you saying the people that are now stealing are the people that got into a mess with debts during the good times?

No i'm saying that people prioritise(which was your point) what to spend money on - those who elected to buy houses and goods and now suffering. Those who didn't are suffering.

Some people steal, some people use high interest loan companies, some do none of the above.

Human nature.

There probably are some assumptions, but I heard the same report on radio 4 this morning, people declaring that they "have to steal to feed their baby".

Nappies are now essential items.

As i said it doesn't mention anything about benefits - just because one person stole child milk it doesn't make it universally applicable.

They don't get child benefit for milk, they get child benefit to benefit the child and you can only spend it once. So £20 to buy a months supply of nappies and milk that can be nearly £10 a can.

£20 a week.... Yes it can only be spent once, but it's sufficient to feed a baby and provide nappies.

And as someone already pointed out, universal benefit, so all parents get this benefit.

We do it on on £17 aweek and get ten cigs with the change.

Disposable nappies are better for lunchtimes in the pub you can change the baby and sling the nappy in the bottle bin outside it's much better than having a smelly handbag.

Archived