Kilo Bravo Club, Sheffield

I have just bought a pewter tankard from a charity shop with a badge on it "Kilo Bravo Club, Sheffield", around the outside, with a miners head, with helmet and lamp in the center of the badge. The tankard has this inscription....Copy of the month, August 1984, K.B 40, Odd Leg Spain. I worked out that it may be C B radio related but why the mining connection? Was "Odd Leg" some spanish C B enthusiast?...Any info, post please......Pete.

It was Killamarsh Breakers Club I believe,for Fm cb'ers long distance Dx'ing Spain was a good distance chat.(Unlike SSB where it was commonplace).There is a CB thread or two on here,you may find some old KB people on it to explain the miner but I'm guessing it's just the Sheffield link....

Hi

The badge depicting a minor relates to Killamarsh local mining communities.

Odd leg as he was known was/is a Killamarsh resident & would have won the tankard for the longest CB contact during the month which in this case was Spain hope this helps.

Regards

Jim (ex Kilo Bravo member)

Hi

The badge depicting a minor relates to Killamarsh local mining communities.

Odd leg as he was known was/is a Killamarsh resident & would have won the tankard for the longest CB contact during the month which in this case was Spain hope this helps.

Regards

Jim (ex Kilo Bravo member)

Thanks for the enlightenment! I thought Odd leg may have been a spanish contact...Cheers for that!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi all, just stumbled across this site, I knew Barry from the old days. A very well known cb operator, I have a tankard from one of the Annual Reunions. We used to travel from Leicester on a Wednesday night, Boilerman 2 Norman, Big T Tom and myself Chimney Sweep Terry to the pub, I think it was the Blacksmiths. Brilliant memories. Barry Odd leg, Texaco Terry, Vanguard Geoff, Top Hat and Big Mack etc . Not sure how many are still with us in 2020 but great times and great company.

• 2 months later...

I Does anyone remember a member of the kilo bravo cb club called David, rock ape?? I bought an old bodywarmer from ebay, and it's covered in old cb badges for various clubs and it's got the big kb, Sheffield club badge, along with loads of others 🙂