Instagram users beware, your photos may be sold

I've only heard about this on the way home tonight, on BBC radio news, so I'm still looking into it now.

Apparently Instagram have changed or are changing their terms and conditions, which means that from 16th January (if you are still a registered user) they can charge 3rd parties for the use of your photographs, without your consent.

Some articles here and here

I've only heard about this on the way home tonight, on BBC radio news, so I'm still looking into it now.

Apparently Instagram have changed or are changing their terms and conditions, which means that from 16th January (if you are still a registered user) they can charge 3rd parties for the use of your photographs, without your consent.

Some articles here and here

They won't make much of mine.

They won't, because no-one cares about your rubbish photos

My photos aren't on Instagram

Lol, Instagram, you've gotta be a proper tw*t to use it as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest I'm not quite sure how it works or why people use it. As far as I'm aware, it's an app which enables you to upload photographs online, which I can already do so I don't understand what it's for

My photos aren't on Instagram

To be honest I'm not quite sure how it works or why people use it.

It's an instant picture sharing service that dovetails with other social media. It takes lifeless mobile phone pics and "pumps" them using one of maybe 10 different algorithms. The end results are the digital equivalent of polaroids. It does what it does very well. Or did - then facebook bought it for $1 billion. And grafted their UGC policy onto Instagram.

You live, you learn.

Archived