Golden Eagle Snatches Kid in Montreal

I doubt it's genuine, the ground shadow for the eagle looks wrong during the snatch (from 00:13 approx, shadow geometry looks wrong over a fair few frames) and there's no shadow of the child half-way through the drop.

Could be artefacts from the low-res, though, so who knows...

the shadow is exactly the same as that of the woman stood just away from the child.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 13:39 ----------

it'd would have been charged because its illeagle.:)

let us prey it doesn't happen again.:D

haha typos happen, get over it :P

the shadow is exactly the same as that of the woman stood just away from the child.
Not sure what you're saying here...assuming you mean the general orientation of the shadow relative to the sun/light source, then yes, it is "right".

It is the geometry of the shadow itself (its shape) which looks "wrong" (i.e. the shadow looks like it does not correspond to the eagle's pose at the same time, to what it 'should' look like, for a couple of seconds during the snatch).

And there is still the issue of the "disappearing" shadow of the toddler in mid-air as he falls off (couple of frames).

You need to frame-by-frame the vid to spot these issues.

(I have also acknowledged that these issues may also be explained by the low resolution of the camcorder and/or web upload)

Not sure what you're saying here...assuming you mean the general orientation of the shadow relative to the sun/light source, then yes that is right.

Yeah thats what I meant. Its relativly the same as that of the woman in the video.

It is the geometry of the shadow itself which looks wrong (i.e. looks like it does not correspond to the eagle pose at the same time).

Looks fine to me.

And there is still the issue of the "disapperaing" shadow of the toddler in mid-air as he falls off.

The shadow is there, its just difficult to see on a small screen. watch the video on youtube and select the 720p option and then full screen it. You will see the shadow, its just very thin due to the angle the child is to the light source, compared to the relative width /wing span of the bird.

I'm happy to just wait for the hoax annoucement :D

BTW, trivia: Montréal is the world's capital for the development of (movie/video) special effects software. Has been for a couple of decades at least. All the software tech for Gollum in LOTR and all that...all invented and written there.

#justsayin' ;)

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid in Montreal...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d1_1355889876

Luckily it dropped it about 2 foot high.Maybe a couple of pounds lighter and it would have been off.

Some have claimed its fake but it looks real to me.If its not it is amazing footage.

Fake or not?

Just starting to be picked up by the media so who knows.

Looks real to me!

Can you imagine if this happened in the UK. There would be a public outcry to cull all Golden Eagles.

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 14:12 ----------

BTW, trivia: Montréal is the world's capital for the development of (movie/video) special effects software. Has been for a couple of decades at least. All the software tech for Gollum in LOTR and all that...all invented and written there.

#justsayin' ;)

You must be watching a different video to me! I can't see the shadow disappearing!? The shape of the shadow changes but that's because the angle of the ground changes.

#justsayin' ;)

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjOljUMc-Nc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm still not fully convinced its a hoax. The deviance given is not conclusive and people love to try and disprove anything as it gives them a sense of superiority. It could be fake, but the quality of the image doesn't allow for any firm conclusion.

#justsayin' ;)

Autodesk Maya as it is known now was developed by Alias Systems in Toronto not Montréal.

Archived