Nominate Your "I told you so" hero.

Who are the people who you respect the most for sticking to their opinions even though they were vilified at the time and became figures who were ridiculed and hated?

It takes a certain type of person to fight on in the face of personal loss and hit one wall after the other.

Two I like are Trevor Hicks of the Hillsborough Support Group and Sinead O'Connor.

Trevor for his work in getting justice for the people of Liverpool and Sinead for unmasking abuse in the Catholic church a long time before anyone else.

Oddly it would be David Icke.

He may well be a grade A nutbag but he is at least consistent in his opinions.

More in the vein of what you meant though it would for me be Chris Mullin, who uncovered the truth about the Birmingham Six.

Is David Icke a nutbag, or a shrewd businessman?

---------- Post added 19-12-2012 at 15:56 ----------

Paul Kimmage and David Walsh for doggedly going after Lance Armstrong.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a 'hero' as such, but...

William Bernstein

In 2002, in Four Pillars Of Investing: "The Glass-Steagall Act separated commercial and investment banking. This last statute has recently been repealed. Sooner or later, we will likely painfully relearn the reasons for its passage almost seven decades ago."

Then in 2008, in The Dark Side Of The Moon: "The debt markets are so out of whack that we are now at a point where credit risk is being rewarded more than equity risk... This cannot last for very long: either spreads will tighten rapidly, equity prices will fall rapidly, or both."

He's worth a listen every now and then ;)

Peter Schiff would be a close second.

Archived