Tories call for Welfare Card for benefit claimants

erm, only the other day you were espousing that the only reason stuff is being nicked from stores is so that they can sell it on the black market? You can't have it both ways, either there is a 'black' market for this stuff or there isnt.. or wait let me guess, they shouldn't be allowed to buy high value foods like beef and coffee either?

Stealing removes value.

Buying does not.

Buy a cabbage for 50p, sell it for 25p, the only person who loses is the buyer. The store still sold the cabbage for 50p.

It's not my argument, it's some blokes. But the validity of his argument does hinge on the recipients of handouts wasting our money that we give them to survive on non essentials?

I don't work my ass off and pay tax to pay for non workers fags and booze. Why should I?

Why do you care what they spend the money on? Do you subscribe to the idea that life on benefits is a life of luxury?

OK genius, go buy stuff at your local store and sell it on the street to people for a profit.

No wonder you can't get a job. Brains of a cabbage.

When you've clearly lost a debate do not embarrass yourself more by resorting to insults, it is very unsporting and mardy of you, plus showing these qualities on a forum is bad for your business.

Is Sky TV a luxury? Will benefits claimants be banned from having Sky TV?

What would Rupert Murdoch think if the government tried to prohibit a critical part of his customer base from subscribing to Sky TV?

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 23:06 ----------

OK genius, go buy stuff at your local store and sell it on the street to people for a profit.

No need for that. Have a break mate.

Stealing removes value.

Buying does not.

Buy a cabbage for 50p, sell it for 25p, the only person who loses is the buyer. The store still sold the cabbage for 50p.

Nope not if they can only buy stuff they don't want...

Because as they cant have the money and they can only have the 50p item from the store which they don't want.. they'll sell it for that 25p, to get the cash to put towards the items they do want, like their 50" plasma, beer, fags and drugs etc.. so where's the value in that, and is it saving your hardworking taxes any? Or in fact is more of it being wasted?

Also while the store might have sold 50p item to Benny Fit.. via his card, usually on the same day they'd have also sold a 50p item to Andy Mann.. but now Andy Mann has gone and bought that 50p item elsewhere for 50% less than the store is able to sell at.. having downward pressure on the store's profits to the tune of 50%

When you've clearly lost a debate do not embarrass yourself more by resorting to insults, it is very unsporting and mardy of you, plus showing these qualities on a forum is bad for your business.

So you think you can go and buy a tin of beans from the corner shop and sell it on the black market for more than you paid for it?

What is this chuckle brothers hour?

I have done. From an early age. Sold all kinds of things from different kinds of places, abstract things... You shouldn't be restricted to selling things from your local store though. That's some crazy policy, effectively banning trade unless it is regulated in a certain way by a certain entity.

Says the parnsip who cannot rationalise intrinsic values of labour. Can't get a job? Do you not think people work and create work? People turn work down and create new work...

You could offer me £100k salary to lend money at interest to the uninformed and I'd turn it down. Even if I were starving, I'd be inclined to do other things first.

---------- Post added 20-12-2012 at 23:13 ----------

So you think you can go and buy a tin of beans from the corner shop and sell it on the black market for more than you paid for it?

What is this chuckle brothers hour?

Easily done, many people do it already - we live in a chuffin service economy - your into gardening aren't you?

Trim me bush for a fiver?

I clearly don't and have been the only person on the thread suggesting a way this could be a helpful rather than punitive idea if tweaked.

Anybody who thinks this would be designed to help people is utterly delusional. It would be designed to punish and humiliate.

Anybody who thinks this would be designed to help people is utterly delusional. It would be designed to punish and humiliate.

As shown a few posts back a lot of folk are quite simple and nasty so it is expected, just on civil liberties issues alone this idea is a step too far.

Archived