Tories call for Welfare Card for benefit claimants

An example of this i put in my earlier post by the "thought police",

Behavioral (big brother) Insight Team.

Good to see there are at least a few non knee jerk reactionaries here :) Although I suspect the well known "would vote for a pig in a red rosette" brigade saw this as a chance to bash the government without actually knowing the facts or even caring :cool:

Good to see there are at least a few non knee jerk reactionaries here :) Although I suspect the well known "would vote for a pig in a red rosette" brigade saw this as a chance to bash the government without actually knowing the facts or even caring :cool:

And likewise everyone is pretty sure the "would vote for a pig in a blue rosette" brigade would like to try and pass this "Testing the water" proposal off lightly. Your point being?

And likewise everyone is pretty sure the "would vote for a pig in a blue rosette" brigade would like to try and pass this "Testing the water" proposal off lightly. Your point being?

they do say that imitation is the best form of flattery but I fail to see the merit on your viewpoint that those who do not agree with you are your enemy. Eventually your circle of like minded people will reduce to 1.

You seem to subscribe to the Melchett view of 'If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.' :)

Just a little prespective, here

1.not everyone on benefits is a scrounger,

2. 60 % of people who claim housing benefit work

3. Not everyone who is unemployed is so by choice.

4. a drug addict or an alcoholic would just sell the card to buy drugs, or booze

5. Remember life is tough, and people are losing their jobs every day, so the benefits system you all seem so keen to destroy may not be there for you if everyone carries on believing the torie daily mail hype.

Well that's all off my chest

As it's a tory MP rather than the tory party as a whole and even the Mail admits it has no realistic chance of becoming law I'm not sure it's something to worry about. There is another plan being floated for a card to be used for limited number of claimants who have drug or alcohol problems which possibly stands more of a chance. The trouble of course is that it just won't work, at least without more serious help and intervention. All that will happen is those with drug and alcohol problems will either buy their allowed items and sell them on or, much as happens now, will steal to feed their habit.

As it's a tory MP rather than the tory party as a whole and even the Mail admits it has no realistic chance of becoming law I'm not sure it's something to worry about. There is another plan being floated for a card to be used for limited number of claimants who have drug or alcohol problems which possibly stands more of a chance. The trouble of course is that it just won't work, at least without more serious help and intervention. All that will happen is those with drug and alcohol problems will either buy their allowed items and sell them on or, much as happens now, will steal to feed their habit.

Or it will just drive the various cultures underground like the prohibition did in America

EDIT

Just to support what I said http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20771052

The government need a bashing for trying to manipulate the populace, what rights do they have for experimenting with those that voted them in.

Just a little prespective, here

1.not everyone on benefits is a scrounger,

2. 60 % of people who claim housing benefit work

3. Not everyone who is unemployed is so by choice.

4. a drug addict or an alcoholic would just sell the card to buy drugs, or booze

5. Remember life is tough, and people are losing their jobs every day, so the benefits system you all seem so keen to destroy may not be there for you if everyone carries on believing the torie daily mail hype.

Well that's all off my chest

Well said sir.

The government need a bashing for trying to manipulate the populace, what rights do they have for experimenting with those that voted them in.

every government manipulates the population, its called social engineering and I have news for you. The last government were 10x worse.

Archived