Tories call for Welfare Card for benefit claimants

I work for a living. One of my clients wrapped his car around a lamppost while drunk and sufferd some serious physical and mental damage as a result. He has regular interventions from the Head Injury Unit, social workers, has a disability allowance and people on hand to help him claim benefits.

I am facing a bleak christmas being a home owner trying to eke out a living after being made redundant two years ago. He has a flat paid for, has just bought a flat screen TV, Blueray player and tells me he has three grand in the bank.

Something ain't right.

I work for a living. One of my clients wrapped his car around a lamppost while drunk and sufferd some serious physical and mental damage as a result. He has regular interventions from the Head Injury Unit, social workers, has a disability allowance and people on hand to help him claim benefits.

I am facing a bleak christmas being a home owner trying to eke out a living after being made redundant two years ago. He has a flat paid for, has just bought a flat screen TV, Blueray player and tells me he has three grand in the bank.

Something ain't right.

Ahh, you'd rather have a head injury and severe brain damage and get a few quid in benefits rather than being fit and able to work for a living?

Something ain't right.

Yep being mentally retarded is a small price to pay if you can afford a big screen TV and a blu ray player.

Something ain't right.

Bleak Christmas my arse, you self centred whinging git. You have a full time job that pays a fair wage and you have a roof over your head, are you really so shallow that you think the fact that someone else has a flatscreen TV and a blueray means they're better off than you?

The voucher system hasn't worked in Australia or US,expensive to run, exploited by business and crime so basically sounds like a bad idea put forward by a politician wanting to get his name in the papers.

However I do think council house tenants who default on rent should have the rent stopped out of their benefits-why should they get their housing paid by the taxpayer twice over?

The voucher system hasn't worked in Australia or US,expensive to run, exploited by business and crime so basically sounds like a bad idea put forward by a politician wanting to get his name in the papers.

However I do think council house tenants who default on rent should have the rent stopped out of their benefits-why should they get their housing paid by the taxpayer twice over?

Can't disagree with any of that to be fair...

And you get DLA to boot.

Compared to the youth on £56.25 a week who have endless amounts of money to spend on alcohol, ciggies, prostitutes, cars, drugs and betting you're rolling in it.

Or perhaps, just perhaps, those surviving on £56.25 a week aren't very wealthy at all.

You do realise that what I get on my DLA goes on paying for my care, don't you? So, really, it's paid into one hand, and paid out with the other.

You do realise that what I get on my DLA goes on paying for my care, don't you? So, really, it's paid into one hand, and paid out with the other.

Aye, but even if you didn't spend it on care and you got it all to spend on whatever you wanted, you still wouldn't be able to frequent the pub daily, smoke lots of cigs and loads of ganja...

I was trying to point out how little many people get on the dole.

Archived