Studio 54 west st (mad friday) oldskool !

terry_smith

This friday--------------

this bar is going to be the only bar on west street offering pure oldskool piano house classics for the older generation !!

Big favs like

----------------

rhythm is a mystery

move your body

everybody all over world

let the music lift you up

such a good feeling

keep warm

let the beat hit em

too blind to see it

gotta keep on pumpin it up

just cant help it

i'm alright

last rhythm

good life

you can have it all

back to love

thats the way love is

----------------------------------

list goes on

--------------------

it's upstairs in the new "studio 54" full refurb (taka puna / static / amnesia)

great reminiscing tracks taking you through from 92

vinyl apprecialtion day session straight from 15:00 til midnight

club classics / italian house anthemz / northern style piano belters /

merry xmas everyone hope you can all make it !!

P.s

it's free ;-)

opinions vary

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 13:32 ----------

The older generation going back to 92? Jesus. What are you if you can remember the Beatles?

yeah course (wedding tackle) beatles etc can be heard in maggi mays and bessimer's etc thats why we was aiming at early house music cos other venues are already on that tip !! the rest of town is full of babies, so the meaning of "older generation" meant them who was goin out to raves & warehouse parties etc in 92 !! not only just being born in 92 like 80% of town !! if who ever thinks it's crap then thats their opinion !! i cant stand indie music or rock but i wont find a post and start slagging it off !! it's there for people who are interested in the underground 90's era !!

Couldn't stand night club music in 92 (but we wen't because women went to clubs) now I'm an old git, given me rock, 60s, rock'n'roll, motown, blues etc etc any day. Yet to try Studio 54's mod night out, but its on a Thursday, I still have work the day after??

But sorry, Maggie May's is shocking, bear is expensive and crap though DJ Jarvo puts on a good Northern Soul show and the man doesn't even get paid.

To think West Street was the place to go in the lat 80's and early 90's to get away from the townies music (posh chavs). Most pubs were still proper pubs a loung, tap room and best. Most put bands on. I know we have West Street Live, but thats down the pan since the original manager left years ago.

Remember, middleaged people are the ones with the money, younger people are just spending the parents money Not all of us want to listen to boom boom boom di bass man (whether its 90s or 00's).

So, the Mod for it DJ's out there, get something on at a weekend that isn't in a bar charging a fortune for the beer and many of us olden's will be in there behaving youthfully, but without all the fighting etc!

---------- Post added 02-01-2013 at 16:28 ----------

The older generation going back to 92? Jesus. What are you if you can remember the Beatles?

I wasn't around the first time round. But I'm a lover of musician produced music. Not seen a good band on playing the genre I like for a while now though. :(

A lot of people just refere to cheeses roxy's music back then ! Italian house piano style uplifting anthems is what we're aiming at not the chart ***** fromage frais !! This stuff is underground and well produced and very sought after ! Not talking 2 unlimited euro trash or hadaways etc lol !!

Archived