Places where you can still get a "job for life"??

If there are to be more unemployed then surely we need more staff in job centres?

I am not picking on them, I am pointing out their employment is quite safe, due to the sheer amount of unemployment and structural unemployment.

I wasn't even aware some were to be made redundant. That is really harsh times for them, they will still have to attend work!

Oh I know you're not picking on them Chem1st (I used wrong word perhaps), the union are arguing they need more staff, not less, I'll agree it used to be a very safe job. At the moment there are other jobs for them to go into, but management are ignoring this & going ahead with the redundancies.

The term "job for life" sadly is not about now for many, and lots find themselves living on the knife edge of uncertainty

become an mp :hihi:
You may laugh but that's the only one I can think of

You aren't actually expected to produce anything as long as you make a speech now and then.

You don't make any major faux pas that puts the party into disrepute and even then unless someone actually dies most things can be handled.

You do what the party whip tells when they tell you regardless of what the people who voted for you think.

Then you you have a nice little career funded at a much higher rate than most jobs and with a guaranteed pension at the end.

I'd say it's the only job for life left, everything else if you don't produce results you are out on your ear.

You may laugh but that's the only one I can think of

You aren't actually expected to produce anything as long as you make a speech now and then.

You don't make any major faux pas that puts the party into disrepute and even then unless someone actually dies most things can be handled.

You do what the party whip tells when they tell you regardless of what the people who voted for you think.

Then you you have a nice little career funded at a much higher rate than most jobs and with a guaranteed pension at the end.

I'd say it's the only job for life left, everything else if you don't produce results you are out on your ear.

Are you serious-what about re-elections?And I am not laughing,its lamentable.

Archived